Transformers Fangry Concept Art by Ken Christiansen

BaCon

I got this Fangry with the set he came in at Target, and it was HARD to find. I only got this because I'm really hoping Hasbro will finish this set with Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull. 

3 hours ago, Decepticats said:

I got this Fangry with the set he came in at Target, and it was HARD to find. I only got this because I'm really hoping Hasbro will finish this set with Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull. 

I got one set for retail on Ebay. And Fangry's left fist broke during the first Transformation. I got a free Kingdom Megatron from Hasbro as an apology. I already had one but who am I to complain about a free leader class figure? Then I went and grabbed a second figure on Ebay in a lot and replaced the lower left arm. I'm thinking of giving my extra one to TJ Omega next time I stop by the store he works at.

I hope they do Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull as well. I have a theory that the Paralyzer in one of the rumored upcoming Target four packs is really Squeezeplay's new name and not the Botcon Bugbite colored Waspinator named Paralyzer. I think it's possible since Squeezeplay wasn't one of the names Hasbro was able to use anymore as it's too generic and they didn't seem to be able to use one of the workarounds by naming him Decepticon Squeezeplay when they released Crashbash in Titans Return. Paralyzer would be a decent new name for Squeezeplay like Twinferno is for Doublecross. Paralyzer is one Funpub figure I DON'T want another of using a new mold. I actually wish I kept my Botcon Lift Ticket even though it's such a small deluxe.

As for the design itself, I'm glad they didn't use Twinferno as the base and instead used the Grotusque tooling instead. While I don't really like using the same arms for both modes with different pairs of the same color 5mm port hands for each mode, it's much better than having the arms just flopped onto the back of the beast mode. At first I thought the beast head was going to become the arms like Transmetal Cheetor but then I noticed the robot arms just out in the open on the back of the beast mode.

I really do hope it's Squeezeplay and not Botcon Paralyzer in that set. Then next year they can do Horri-Bull as another retool of Twinferno. There's no reason why they couldn't get it from that mold if they were able to get Repugnus from it. It would be pretty easy actually if they finally retool the rear beast legs along with the front beast legs/robot arms. Then have a new tail area to become a weapon instead of having no weapon or something. I just hope they don't do something stupid and use Skullcruncher instead for Horri-Bull. Skullcruncher has the overall body type for beast mode which is why so many people use it for custom Horri-Bull figures but it would need far more retooling than the Twinferno retools would to do it "right" from Hasbro.

• Like 1

That would be awesome, Joe! Thanks for interesting take, I found it fascinating! I'm really hoping for the other two as well. That's pretty cool Hasbro gave you a Kingdom Megatron. So sorry you Fangry broke though. I really wish Hasbro would give us some nice Pulse exclusives like Backstreet, Dogfight, Windsweeper, Guzzle, etc. 

11 hours ago, Decepticats said:

That would be awesome, Joe! Thanks for interesting take, I found it fascinating! I'm really hoping for the other two as well. That's pretty cool Hasbro gave you a Kingdom Megatron. So sorry you Fangry broke though. I really wish Hasbro would give us some nice Pulse exclusives like Backstreet, Dogfight, Windsweeper, Guzzle, etc. 

indeed, but all after the Omnibots come out first. I have CW Windsweeper and DotM Guzzle so I can wait a little bit for new versions of them. CW Dogfight is really expensive unfortunately so I haven't gotten one yet. I'm surprised we never got a redeco of PotP Jazz for Backstreet. It would've been nice to keep the Triggercons and Trigger bots all CW/PotP based molds if you use Offroad as a stand in for Crankcase.

For new versions of the Sparkabots and Firecons I'd like to see them as Weaponizers and Fossilizers respectively. But also have them designed from the start to have each team of three become a perfect combined robot. It's nice that at the last minute they gave Wingfinger a combined mode head but the pieces for the three Fossilizers don't really come combine well enough to really make use of it. Even the combined mode Hasbro showed off is just a random combination with a bunch of parts left out. Hell, Guzzle can be a retool of Slammer then Fizzle and Sizzle can be retools of Scamper and Fulltilt if they ever remake them as Weaponizers and they should. But since the last two will have to be new molds anyway, they can be designed from the start to work with Slammer and/or Sixgun and/or Cog and/or Brunt and/or Fasttrack to have an official combined mode or something. Then the Firecons can be retools of the Energon Monsters that we don't know anything about yet but I suspect will be more Fossilizer like figures. At least I hope they are. The Fossilizers might have been the best of those style figures.

There's just a few more G1 figures I'd like updates to and they seem to be the same ones you keep bringing up. Maybe it's because they keep getting forgotten about from Hasbro. There's something about those later G1 figures that appeal to me more than the earlier ones. Though I don't know if it's because those are the ones I opened up myself for my birthday or Christmas instead of getting my older brother's hand me downs or it's because they haven't been redone though. Maybe it's because they had more interesting designs and gimmicks that can work well with what's being designed now. Maybe it's because I don't need any more figures of G1 Optimus, Megatron, Jazz, Starscream and everyone else. Regardless, I too want new versions of those later G1 characters.

And yeah, Hasbro seems to be pretty good at giving out good apologies to bad QC figures. At least to me anyway. But it might have to do with the fact then the only times I do have bad QC, it's on expensive and rare figures. Broken fist on Fangry, two left hips on Autobot JP-93 making the vehicle mode not line up and it ended up breaking something in the leg while it was sitting in vehicle mode from being in package, Earthrise Ironhide had two driver's side rear windows on the roof piece so that it doesn't sit flush for vehicle mode, they pushed a pin through the plastic instead of the pin hole for my Takara Generations Selects Volcanicus Swoop's knee making that leg almost unusable, two right fist on my TR Siege on Cybertron Magnus Prime, missing wheel on Generations Selects Exhaust, and two sets in a row of the Reflector 3 pack that had issues. It's even more odd as I almost never have issues with standard retail figures even though I purchase multiples of some figures. I have one or two with a missing paint app here or there but nothing worth complaining about except my Micromaster Storm Cloud had to left thighs making his transformation to jet impossible. I didn't even complain about that, I just bought a new one.

The funniest thing is when they tell me that one of the options is to send the figures back and get a full refund. Yeah hold on, let me send back my Earthrise Ironhide and Prowl set to be refunded the retail price when trying to get another set would've cost me three times as much. I'll stick to my messed up Ironhide thank you. And every time I do tell them about my problem, the figures in question are sold out at the time so they can't even send a replacement. When I got the Jurassic Park set in, there wasn't anymore in stock for several weeks. Same with Exhaust and Volcanicus. I wanted to just get a replacement and send them back the problem figures but they couldn't do that and instead sent me the apology figures. Except for the Reflector three pack that is. They sent me the first set and it had problems. They made me send that back before they sent me the replacement only for that to also have problems. So they let me keep that second set and gave me a third set which finally didn't have any problems. But if they let me keep the first set and replace the messed up parts with the second set it could've all been done faster. Oh well, I got a free set out of it even if one of the three is missing the front pelvis piece.

• Like 1

Great point on the Omnibots, I only ever had Overdrive, but that's an awesome set for sure! I'm also concerned about the QC problems of late, Kingdom Galavatron's shoulder, yikes on my copy. Got to figure out how to fix that. You have some amazing ideas about reuse of fave, lesser known G1 figs that Hasbro spaces it on, and yeah, I know, I'm also tired of the same figs done over and over. If you don't already work for Hasbro, you should. Like your ideas about the Weaponizers and Fossilizers and incorporating them into the figs they haven't really touched since G1, was superb! It makes some much sense, too.

• Like 1