Will there be any further TRU Commemoratives?

mcabrera1275

It is possible that they may be released mass market. Look what happened to the Animated Star Wars line. Once a Target exclusive, they're everywhere, even grocery stores! As for Sideswipe being released in the U.S. I've done a lot of traveling this past year, and not once have I seen him in any East Coast TRU!!! So to answer Nevermore's question, I'd say they're bogus reports!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree...if the line continued it would have to be an exclusive to another retailer. I think Wal-mart would be good because obviously TRU doesn't know what the correct pricepoints should be. BTW, why the hell is every single one discounted (some as low as $9.99) and yet they think that people are still going to pay $34.99 for Ricochet???

Considering the reissues are released in pretty small numbers and made of more expensive materials, the wholesale costs are undoubtedly higher. Therefore, I don't really think the price points are that far off - maybe $10 at the most (plus, adjusted for inflation, the average Autobot car that cost $8-10 in 1984 would cost around $20 in 2005 dollars). I also don't think it's entirely cost, most of the one's in the TRUs near me still aren't selling well at ~$15.

Also, from what I've seen at the local TRUs, most stores only get in maybe 6-12 of each figure and never appear to sell more than 75% of them. They simply don't move - WalMart would have zero interest in such a product warming their shelves.

I disagree. You say you don't think the pricepoints are off by much. "Maybe by $10 at most"...well, that's 33% on a $30 item! Maybe the TRU you go to is a little smaller, but both of the ones in my area had as many as 30+ Thundercrackers at one time. Since they knocked the prices down there are maybe 10 left. All the Skywarps, Dirge's, etc. that sat there for months are gone. It looks to me like about 2/3 of the stock that was sitting around forever is gone now...that shows me that consumers still want it, they just don't want it for the ridiculous prices that TRU was demanding.

who needs a website when your very own TRU Guru has all your answers for you ;)like its been stated...Fort max is a no to be reissued

finding a mangus/PMOP in TRU in canada...very unlikely

can you order it? not from tru you cant

as for any other reissues....Trailbreaker and Ramjet are in the system, but are under a "discontinued" statis, and we saw Astrotrain at OTFFC but as of right now...the line is not active and looks like it might be done with

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What he said

Archived