Daily Prime - Combiner Wars Motormaster is Just Prime

BaCon

35 minutes ago, cvg_437087232 said:

Yeah, they aren't up on ebay right now, I checked, but they come and go and the next time I see them, I'll send you a link. I'll also post a pic of the ones I bought to give you an idea of what they look like.  Great episode. Trans-Europe Express! Just watched it a few weeks ago. That just added to the lore of the Stunticons, how they trashed the the Autobots in that episode and really set themselves up as the formidable rivals they are! Dead End is great, But I love Wildrider!

Thank you.  I'll keep my eyes open.  Last I checked they were on TFstudio.com too.  That's where I purchased my Sunstreaker, and Ark upgrade kits.  And It's where I found the Aerialbot hand weapons as well.  

There's a few upgrade kits on Amazon too:  a Menasor gun was available (there was a version of that on ebay too).

I tell you what, a person can go poor on upgrade kits alone.  Most of my CW combiners have upgrades, and I don't even want to calculate the cost, but they do look good.  

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cvg_437087232 said:

Yeah, we've been together for twenty years now, and it's give and take, I support her interest and she she supports mine. We watch the Patriots on Sunday, and I watch musicals like Hello Dolly. I'd do anything for her and she does anything for me.

That's really nice.  Kuddos to you.  If only more married people were like that, the world would be better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, God Sunstreaker said:

Thank you.  I'll keep my eyes open.  Last I checked they were on TFstudio.com too.  That's where I purchased my Sunstreaker, and Ark upgrade kits.  And It's where I found the Aerialbot hand weapons as well.  

There's a few upgrade kits on Amazon too:  a Menasor gun was available (there was a version of that on ebay too).

I tell you what, a person can go poor on upgrade kits alone.  Most of my CW combiners have upgrades, and I don't even want to calculate the cost, but they do look good.  

"I tell you what, a person can go poor on upgrade kits alone." Funniest things are truest things!

Here's the pics. of the Stunticon guns I bought off ebay. Sorry for pic quality as we're moving and the lighting isn't great at our place right now, but I assure you, they are even more impressive in hand. They cost onlt $15 for all four. Great paint and details on them, top notch, imho.

20211109_211014.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BaCon said:

Alright, those look like the ones I just bought for the same price. They are still available:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284126074781

I was impressed when I got them. It makes a big difference with CW Stunticons. Probably one of the best upgrades for this set. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys.

Looking at that photo makes me miss my Dead End gun.  It's weird how recognizable it still is to me, even after 35 years.  

I have another challenge for you 🙂  A question really:  Has anyone found a similar upgrade kit for the Technobots?  I have the CW crew and I would like to have upgraded weapons for the individual bots.  I'd specifically like the 3 guns Lightspeed comes with:  I have the original Lightspeed complete and having the newer version decked out with a similar arsenal would be nice.  I suppose I could just give him the 3 guns that came in the set instead, but that just won't be my style.  

• Like 1

I'm starting to wonder why HasTak doesn't include more accessories.  The G1, G2, and Beast Wars came with a ridiculous amount of extras.   Yet the generations line (which is derived on the old lines and based in nostalgia) has skimped on that with CW and onwards.  

Maybe in 10 years they'll have figured out how to get everything "right":  And sell set of scramble city style Sunticons (individually and a combined boxed set) that look like the best representations of both toy and cartoon with all the accessories from the G1 toys and the show and as a bonus: the CW melee weapons to boot.  

2 hours ago, God Sunstreaker said:

I'm starting to wonder why HasTak doesn't include more accessories.  The G1, G2, and Beast Wars came with a ridiculous amount of extras.   Yet the generations line (which is derived on the old lines and based in nostalgia) has skimped on that with CW and onwards.   

Just a guess, but they seem to be putting the focus on enhanced articulation and sculpting like we have seen in WFC. This is somewhat made up for by the Weaponizers figures, which may not be show accurate but do add a lot of added play value.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, God Sunstreaker said:

Thank you guys.

Looking at that photo makes me miss my Dead End gun.  It's weird how recognizable it still is to me, even after 35 years.  

I have another challenge for you 🙂  A question really:  Has anyone found a similar upgrade kit for the Technobots?  I have the CW crew and I would like to have upgraded weapons for the individual bots.  I'd specifically like the 3 guns Lightspeed comes with:  I have the original Lightspeed complete and having the newer version decked out with a similar arsenal would be nice.  I suppose I could just give him the 3 guns that came in the set instead, but that just won't be my style.  

I know that if you go to Tfsafari, there are still companies making CW add-on guns, as I ordered guns for the CW Terrorcons not long ago, so maybe keep watching.  But I'd also love a set of g1 guns for my CW Seacons, too.