Daily Prime - Combiner Wars Motormaster is Just Prime

BaCon

3 minutes ago, BaCon said:

I am seeing Brake-Neck for around $100+, way too high for my tastes this late in the game.

YUP! I am steaming mad about the Centurion Drone short supply and subsequent scalper prices. Oh well, there are 100s of other things to buy and I will live without these things.

I feel the same way about the Drone too.  But the one thing that really bugs me about not having it is the jet back.  I really want one for my Kingdom Sideswipe.  I've been looking for a good alternative to it: I have the black-version Sixgun and was cool with using that with siege Sideswipe, but when I tried to transfer it to the kingdom I found the connection to be very loose.  So now I'm on the lookout for a reasonable drone or a third party rocket pack.

And what is it with those scalpers anyway.  I conceptually understand the concept of supply and demand but wow: $100+ for something that should cost $20-$30, upwards of 5 times the cost is just crazy, to me.  Maybe Break-Neck will go down in price after the Legacy Wildrider is shown, or around the time the whole team is.  Hopefully you can get one for a good price when the demand goes down.  Sometimes I wonder why Hasbro doesn't do more re-issues.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And photos.  If you ever want some TF photos let me know.  Or if you have any requests I might have some interesting items.

Example:  I have both the G2 boxed set of the Stunticons and the CW versions.  And I know they look great with RID Scourge.  And by great I mean that the G2 colors makes the crew look just that much extra crazy.  Sometimes I miss the '90's with the bold colors and "let's try everything" mentality and ability.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, God Sunstreaker said:

I feel the same way about the Drone too.  But the one thing that really bugs me about not having it is the jet back.  I really want one for my Kingdom Sideswipe.

I have the  Matrix Workshop M-31 Upgrade Kit Jet pack. IDK if it could be adapted to Sideswipe somehow.

Thanks, I only collect Optimus Primes and have the G2 Motormaster figure as well. Stay tuned to the Daily Prime!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BaCon said:

I have the  Matrix Workshop M-31 Upgrade Kit Jet pack. IDK if it could be adapted to Sideswipe somehow.

Thanks, I only collect Optimus Primes and have the G2 Motormaster figure as well. Stay tuned to the Daily Prime!

Thanks for the heads up.  I was tempted to pick that jet pack for Sideswipe but I wasn't sure it'd work.  Fun fact the Rocket Pack that comes with the KBB MP-10V (Not Optimus) sort of fits perfectly on siege Sideswipe: I haven't yet tried it on Kingdom.

Cool photo btw:  that's quite the talent and the eye.  

And speaking of the MP-10V, have you seen that?  I picked it up years ago when I was looking for a good voyager sized Optimus.  It's a pretty amazing shrunk down MP-10.  I have the trailer and everything.  It's basically the reason I haven't purchased a siege or kingdom Optimus, it's just so good.  There's a few flaws but I'm overall happy with it and all its accessories.  And even though it's not Hasbro/Takara I highly recommend it to anyone that likes Optimus Prime figures.  The KBB MP10V is one of those third party figures that beat Hasbro/Takara to the market (I try not to pick up third party otherwise).  

Can't wait for the G2 Stunticon photos!

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, BaCon said:

I'd love to have Break-Neck but it was hella hard to find. They are going for crazy prices on Ebay now. If anyone has one to sell for a sane price, LMK.

I did find those G1 upgrade weapons if anyone needs them - Ebay Listing

I was at work and the wife surprised me and bought them from KMart online for like $15 a piece I think. They are still SMIB in a rubber-maid until I move. She also got me one of those limited number, Walmart Gigawatts when I was at work, too. 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:52 AM, God Sunstreaker said:

Nice photo, the execution looks great.

I was just curious.  Any reason that "Wild Rider" was left out of the family photo?  And what's with the weapon swapping, is it just a preference thing?

Also, how are the G1 style guns; do they work well: are they sized nicely and fit will into the hands, do they look good?   

They're great! I bought them off ebay and am looking for a picture to post when I find one, but they are spot on to G1 and really make these Stunticons look legit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cvg_437087232 said:

They're great! I bought them off ebay and am looking for a picture to post when I find one, but they are spot on to G1 and really make these Stunticons look legit. 

You're making me want to buy them now....I have a softspot for specifically Dead End as he was one of my first Transformers back in the day, and he was one of the few Transformers that I lost the weapons to.  And sure, with the rest of the stunticons it makes sense for them to have melee weapons, but Dead End just seems to be a guy that would be fine standing back and using his gun:  reference: Trans-Europe Express...poor Sunstreaker (and Sideswipe) 😞 !!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cvg_437087232 said:

I was at work and the wife surprised me and bought them from KMart online for like $15 a piece I think. They are still SMIB in a rubber-maid until I move. She also got me one of those limited number, Walmart Gigawatts when I was at work, too. 

You are a lucky individual.  Not all wives are that cool or helpful.  (collecting)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, God Sunstreaker said:

You're making me want to buy them now....I have a softspot for specifically Dead End as he was one of my first Transformers back in the day, and he was one of the few Transformers that I lost the weapons to.  And sure, with the rest of the stunticons it makes sense for them to have melee weapons, but Dead End just seems to be a guy that would be fine standing back and using his gun:  reference: Trans-Europe Express...poor Sunstreaker (and Sideswipe) 😞 !!

Yeah, they aren't up on ebay right now, I checked, but they come and go and the next time I see them, I'll send you a link. I'll also post a pic of the ones I bought to give you an idea of what they look like.  Great episode. Trans-Europe Express! Just watched it a few weeks ago. That just added to the lore of the Stunticons, how they trashed the the Autobots in that episode and really set themselves up as the formidable rivals they are! Dead End is great, But I love Wildrider!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, God Sunstreaker said:

You are a lucky individual.  Not all wives are that cool or helpful.  (collecting)

Yeah, we've been together for twenty years now, and it's give and take, I support her interest and she she supports mine. We watch the Patriots on Sunday, and I watch musicals like Hello Dolly. I'd do anything for her and she does anything for me.

• Like 1