Daily Prime - Combiner Wars Motormaster is Just Prime

BaCon

With all the banter of the Transformers Legacy Stunticons going on, the Daily Prime looks back at the 2015 Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster that was a retool of Combiner Wars Optimus Prime voyager class figure. They gave him a his signature head along with a generous silver sword weapon to accommodate the Meansor combiner mode.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Daily%20Prime%20-%20Combiner%20Wars%20Mo

• Like 1

I'm pumped about Legacy Stunticons coming out, but, while I loathe the Menasor, I still kind of like this team for CW. I got all of the upgrades, from new guns based off G1 for each Stunticon, to cannons for their alt. modes, and everything else. It's still an okay set, in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Nice photo, the execution looks great.

I was just curious.  Any reason that "Wild Rider" was left out of the family photo?  And what's with the weapon swapping, is it just a preference thing?

9 hours ago, cvg_437087232 said:

I'm pumped about Legacy Stunticons coming out, but, while I loathe the Menasor, I still kind of like this team for CW. I got all of the upgrades, from new guns based off G1 for each Stunticon, to cannons for their alt. modes, and everything else. It's still an okay set, in my eyes. 

Also, how are the G1 style guns; do they work well: are they sized nicely and fit will into the hands, do they look good?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BaCon said:

@God Sunstreaker Because Hasbro - explained here.

Sure right,  What I was curious more about was wondering, artist to artist, where the Break-Neck / Wild Rider wonderfulness was? Also showing the 7 bot Stunticon team gives a possible bonus to the CW concept: pushing the theory that there are things about CW that give it benefits over what the Legacy version may include.  Maybe it's just a person preference thing, but I've fan moded a way to combine all 7 Stunticons in to Mensor, keeping the total team together is my thing.  

Also, if you don't have the Break-Neck / Wild Rider "wonderfulness" I'd highly suggest picking one up someday. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaCon said:

Yes, I didn't like the Combiner Wars weapons.

To each their own.  Although you make a good point, what's up with the melee weapons?  Bringing a pipe to a gun fight just seems a little unwise and maybe crazy.  That said it probably fits Wild Riders personality: and really all their personalities and they way they framed the Stunticon combat tactic of ramming the autobots in vehicle mode.

That FF8 style gunblade that came with Breakdown/Sunstreaker/Wheeljack ect. was just so much fun.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, God Sunstreaker said:

Also, if you don't have the Break-Neck / Wild Rider "wonderfulness" I'd highly suggest picking one up someday. 🙂

I'd love to have Break-Neck but it was hella hard to find. They are going for crazy prices on Ebay now. If anyone has one to sell for a sane price, LMK.

I did find those G1 upgrade weapons if anyone needs them - Ebay Listing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaCon said:

I'd love to have Break-Neck but it was hella hard to find. They are going for crazy prices on Ebay now. If anyone has one to sell for a sane price, LMK.

I came late-ish to the CW party and picked up both Break-Neck and Quickslinger for higher than deluxe prices, what I think is sane may not be what you think is sane.  What's a price range that you could live with?

Another example would be the centurion drone:  I'd be willing to pay double the retail.  But over tripple is too much. 

Another example for me would be Superion and the Aerialbots, I already mentioned Quickslinger, but I also got the Superion upgrade kits because Superion has to have white feet and hands...just has to, and the chest update looks nice.  But I also got the individual G1 robot guns: and those are interesting because I have left the Aerialbots in Superion form since I've had all 7 Aerialbots.  I've just figured out ways to place the individual guns on to Superon in interesting ways.  So the little guns, just to have them was worth it to me.  I got all those guns and upgrades because the Aerialbots are worth it to me.

And if you think that's something, you should see my ER Suntreaker 🙂

9 minutes ago, God Sunstreaker said:

What's a price range that you could live with?

Another example would be the centurion drone:  I'd be willing to pay double the retail.  But over tripple is too much.

I am seeing Brake-Neck for around $100+, way too high for my tastes this late in the game.

YUP! I am steaming mad about the Centurion Drone short supply and subsequent scalper prices. Oh well, there are 100s of other things to buy and I will live without these things.