The War Within Grimlock scratch build

**VPrime**

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is what I have so far. Comments and crits welcomed as this is my first scratch build, particularly in regards to porportions. Do realize that the head may seem a bit smaller compared to the rest of his body but that's how Don drew him to make him look more of a brute with a big body. Still very early stage in the scratch build.

post-39-1107042463.jpg

Holy crap!

I had a similar idea.

I thought about doing the same thing but use the Armada Unicron as a base/starter. I want mine to be somewhat in scale with MP Conyoy. Since you beat me too it, I`ll do something else.

But right now I`m finishing up a simple BT-Dragstrip repaint.

Good luck man :thumb

Didn't the autobots create the dinobots when they came to earth? I don't remember ever hearing about them being around before the great war.

Anyway, I couldn't kitbash my way out of a wet paper bag. Looks good so far.

Good luck with the Grimlock, scratchbuilding is cool but it takes a long time to get things right, just look at my bumblebee. Hey I don't know anything about War Within does Grimlock transform? are you going to make him transform? the details on his chest look good but I think scale wise it might be a little too wide in comparison to the drawn pic. I think the chest should end where you have the styrene on the angle, so basically just crop the width about 1/4 inch or so on the sides. Grimlocks neck protector looks a little too high. I don't mean to be too critical but thats just my opinion of what you have so far. good luck!

Good luck with the Grimlock, scratchbuilding is cool but it takes a long time to get things right, just look at my bumblebee. Hey I don't know anything about War Within does Grimlock transform? are you going to make him transform? the details on his chest look good but I think scale wise it might be a little too wide in comparison to the drawn pic. I think the chest should end where you have the styrene on the angle, so basically just crop the width about 1/4 inch or so on the sides. Grimlocks neck protector looks a little too high. I don't mean to be too critical but thats just my opinion of what you have so far. good luck!

don't worry, I want as much constructive critisism as possible. So criticize away. The neck protector does look a bit tight but I'm not using that head (or at least not that size). The head will be a bit smaller. And yeah, the chest does seem a bit wide so I'm going to probably narrow it a bit. And yes, TWW Grim does transform. Yes, I will make him transformable.

post-39-1107051744.jpg

Didn't the autobots create the dinobots when they came to earth? I don't remember ever hearing about them being around before the great war.

Anyway, I couldn't kitbash my way out of a wet paper bag. Looks good so far.

The War Within is a comic book series. In the comic book, Grimlock is smart.

Archived