WTF was Megabolt/Megatron?

Hunter Rose

Simple Question:

Who and What the hell was Megabolt Megatron?!

I collected nearly the entire run of RiD, and most of Armada. However, i never watched the shows (have not had a TV in nearly 5 years). Anyway point being I have read the Tech-Specs but its not clear is this THE megatron? Is he another form of RiD megatron? The entry at Tfuinfo says he can combine with his or the autobot space cruiser...WTF? So the Ark has left and i wasnt on it...

Is he just a poser who stole the name?

I vote him the worst TF ever made (yes worse than Wheelie)

http://www.tfu.info/2002/Decepticon/Megabo...oltmegatron.htm

Absolutely hideous i tell you

Hunter

"Birdman Kicked My A$$, Birdman Kicked my A$$"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, no offense but if you had watched Beast Machines you might just think he was awesome. I know I did. He was supposed to be released as part of the BM line, but it ended early and a lot of molds wound up in RID. He might look weird to you, but he's a lot nicer than the original BM Megatron, IMO.

Yeah, no offense but if you had watched Beast Machines you might just think he was awesome. I know I did. He was supposed to be released as part of the BM line, but it ended early and a lot of molds wound up in RID. He might look weird to you, but he's a lot nicer than the original BM Megatron, IMO.

:pfx

I think it would've been cooler if the Megabolt figure transformed in the same alt mode from Beast Machines. Which was some kinda cruiser, instead of changing into some lame robot mode.

I think it would've been cooler if the Megabolt figure transformed in the same alt mode from Beast Machines. Which was some kinda cruiser, instead of changing into some lame robot mode.

And of course the real thing would have been gi-normous had it been anywhere close to actual scale...

But don't knock the robot mode -- it's actually very well put-together and nicely incorporates a lot of design elements from the Floating Head. Plus it finally has a Megatron head sculpt with pointy toothy thingies on his helmet. :D The only thing I'm not crazy about is the bug legs part. It's not even needed in the transformation.

Archived