WFC Solus Prime

autobot00

For this custom I chose to use WFC Chromia. Her design was just too damn good not to use. For bot mode I did the same mod I did for my Nightbird to remove the vehicle kibble. Doing so gives a few extra "unused" parts for a nice sleek and clean look. For the deco I decided to use the TR design because it just looked much better than the covenant.

First up is bot mode. The hammer is a completely new design by me 3D printed to resemble that of the hammer from TR Solus. Its not an exact duplicate and there is a reason. Also designed by me are the added shoulder pads and the skirt crotch piece on the front also 3d printed.

Now if you recall I mentioned that the kibble I removed were "unused". Well they can be, and are completely unnecessary but, where is the fun in that. The leg kibble actually becomes part of the hammer. I really liked the TF Prime hammer from the show and how big it was and almost used it but this was just too good. If you want a small hammer, don't use the parts. If you want a larger hammer, use the parts. It's almost like a super mode.

Now what about the other parts? Well you cant be a blacksmith wielding a hammer and creating things with metal without an anvil! And so, I give you Solus' anvil to go along with her hammer. She uses this to forge her weapons for her fellow Primes to use in the battle with Unicron.

And if you were wondering yes, she can still wear her bits on her back to take her anvil with her.

For the skirt piece I originally made this as one piece but this posed a problem of when she bends at the knee. I really didn't want to have this big thing sticking out when she kneels so I broke it into 3 pieces and added hinge joints. Now when she bends, it does too.

I've taken the alt mode of Chromia and turned her into a hover vehicle. Do you notice those hammer parts? This mode is pretty much completely unchanged from the original vehicle mode except I rotated the waist, opened the back half and added the hammer bits.  Because I incorporated 5mm ports, they are blast effect compatible. The hammer halves have become the front turbines and because they are on 5mm ports they can swivel for directional adjustments while in flight.

The handle and pommel become a rear thruster that looks like tubing for exhaust.

Looking at the underside view the skirt nicely covers the legs and you can see the blast effect in the front turbine as well as the new turbines I modeled to replace the rear wheels.

And of course a group shot of the Primes I've completed thus far.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg