Who was Sunstorm originally?

Outrider74

I keep hearing references to Sunstorm being a G1 Seeker, but outside of that E-hobby release with Hauler (I remember where he came from) where exactly does this guy come from? I dont remember ever seeing him in the comic or on TV. And speaking of Hauler, wonder if he was a sneak peek at Grapple, and they just changed the name? Anyone?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know anything about these two figs. I mean, I've seen the Sunstorm in the stores, and I've seen pictures of Hauler (he's the green Grapple repaint right?) but I don't know anything about any character info behind them. I would like to though. *hint hint*

Neither of them officially existed as characters prior to the eHobby toys.

Sunstorm was taken from the "generic" Seekers you see throughout More Than Meets the Eye (cartoon pilot ep). In part one, on Cybertron there is a seeker with Sunstorm's paintscheme (see pic attached, courtesty of bwtf.com).

Hauler is supposedly another Construction who was not turned into a Decepticon by the "Robo Smasher" (cartoon episode, The Secret of Omega Supreme), where it was revealed they were neutrals who built Omega's home town of Crystal City.

Hauler's had no appearances in any canon. Sunstorm is now a fairly major character in DW's G1 ongoing.

EDIT: Might help if, you know, I attached the pic :roll

post-26-1079224343.jpg

Hauler's had no appearances in any canon. Sunstorm is now a fairly major character in DW's G1 ongoing.

He DID appear in one episode of the cartoon, but he was orange like grapple. The 'bots actually called him Hauler. He was only there to pull one of the 'bots up a hill after he crashed, and he did not transform.

Now if only i remembered which episode that was.

Hauler showed up very briefly in "More Than Meets the Eye," I think in part 2. He pulls Hound up after Laserbeak blasts him off the cliff.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, but he's orange and I always thought it was Grapple...why on earth is it Hauler???

Archived