Alternator RX-8 "Race"?

SkyClonus

Is there a race car version of the RX-8? I'm not too hip to auto racing...

Not 'officially' . Any Rx8 used with 'racing trim' will probalby have had minor performacne upgrades at best.

Rotary engines are rather difficult to tune. Mazda putting twin turbo chagers on the engine for the RX7 resulted in a lot of blown seals, due to excessive pressure on the engine.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to anser your auto questions yes thier is race spec rx-8 quite few in the D1GP from what ive seen of the new cars.

yes the remesis is a 1.3 but cuz its a rotory it works in a completly differnt way to piston egnines you might as well forget displacement numbers. plus they tend to redline way higher

Shock wave is NOT a race car he is a RX-8 Mazda Speed specII (i think i know mazda speed make it as a road car)

I like the real car pic way better than the way the toy came out. In plastic it looks like a knockoff almost. That shade of purple doesn't go over well in plastic at all. The wheels look really dirty compared to the bright chrome alloy there on the real thing. Overall, Shockwave is definitely a completist purchase only for me.

Archived