BT-10 Grimlock & GC-01 Galaxy Convoy

Satan's Camaro

Well, after much resistance I gave in and purchased Galaxy Convoy.

This figure kicks ass on so many levels, I can't even keep count. It's like they threw all of the previous versions of Prime/Convoy into a blender and came up with this guy-with a little Beast Wars Primal to boot. I love the faceplate/mouth feature, and his super mode is awesome. The details on this figure are excellent, the Matrix feature is great and the articulation is pretty good. In super mode, Prime is huge...smurfing huge. I love the fact that this Prime looks like a total badass.

I give him a 10 out of 5 stars. He's just that cool.

I also just bought BT-10 Grimlock. I'll just start by getting some things out of the way. Yes, he is a major pain in the ass to transform. Parts were popping off left and right the first and second times I transformed him. However, once it's all said and done, the payoff is excellent. His robot mode is awesome and nicely detailed, as is his vehicle mode. The articualtion is excellent, and he has good balance.

I give him 5 out of 5.

For those of you who have either one of these guys, what are your takes on them?

Well I own Alt. Grimlock and it's safe to say he is my fav out of what I own which is 1-9 and BT-08 Zoom Zoom. He kicks ass on so many levels although a longer sword would be cooler. After you do the transformation a few times it doesn't become so hard and for me transformation to bot mode without parts coming off is no problem.

As for Galaxy Convoy, my friend got him and he is pretty smurfin' awesome. Love all those details that you mentioned. I would have got him but I got Master Megatron instead because he was cheaper. I'm looking forward to the Cybertron version a lot.

Well I own Alt. Grimlock and it's safe to say he is my fav out of what I own which is 1-9 and BT-08 Zoom Zoom. He kicks ass on so many levels although a longer sword would be cooler. After you do the transformation a few times it doesn't become so hard and for me transformation to bot mode without parts coming off is no problem.

As for Galaxy Convoy, my friend got him and he is pretty smurfin' awesome. Love all those details that you mentioned. I would have got him but I got Master Megatron instead because he was cheaper. I'm looking forward to the Cybertron version a lot.

Yeah, after transforming Grimlock a few more times the parts issue has become pretty much non existent. He's actually pretty easy to transform but getting the head and chest area right are the only parts that still give me a hard time.

Also, how is Master Megs? He looks pretty cool and I would have gotten both of them but funds are really tight right now. In fact, aside from anything I may find at Target (I still have $ left on a gift card) I think I'm done buying any TF's for a couple months :tfmad :tfsad .

Yeah, after transforming Grimlock a few more times the parts issue has become pretty much non existent. He's actually pretty easy to transform but getting the head and chest area right are the only parts that still give me a hard time.

Also, how is Master Megs? He looks pretty cool and I would have gotten both of them but funds are really tight right now. In fact, aside from anything I may find at Target (I still have $ left on a gift card) I think I'm done buying any TF's for a couple months :tfmad :tfsad .

Come to think of it, pulling the head out is the only thing that still sorta bugs me.

And IMO Master Megatron is great. He looks completely different from other Megatrons which I like. He also has a spiky look to him. Colours may bother some but I personally don't think they're bad. Also the rubber bothers some but without it we couldn't has this cool spiky looking Megatron. His weapons aren't the best but if you've seen the show then you know he doesn't really need them to kickass. His car looks like the Batmobile somewhat as is quite big and cool but the jet mode sucks. All in all hes an awesome figure but if your funds are tight, wait for the Cybertron version.

one thing about gf megs, if they ever do dc transformers, i see them bootlegging gf megs to do batman :tflaugh i too have grimy and except for the short sword he's great but i'll hold off til they release cybertron here, and probably the recolored megs, in hope of better colors.

GalaxyPrime ROKKS!! :thumb :thumb

one thing about gf megs, if they ever do dc transformers, i see them bootlegging gf megs to do batman :tflaugh i too have grimy and except for the short sword he's great but i'll hold off til they release cybertron here, and probably the recolored megs, in hope of better colors.

Yeah, I am also curious about the color treatments on the Hasbro versions of these new guys.

Archived