G1 Reissue Box Art...

SkyClonus

Personally I am not a big fan of Manga, I think they draw the eyes on humans to big and such. (Just look at Yu-Gi-Oh.)

I was a huge fan of the Dreamwave art, especially the art in the More Than Meets The Eye Series, War Within and the ongoing (well soon to be cancelled ongoing) monthly G1 series.

Sadly no past artwork ever came close to that but the Marvel comics did have great artists. Such as Andrew Wildman. I loved his art and the way he drew the Transformers with battle damage.

At first I did not like Geoff Senior's art but now I appreciate it. It is not great but very decent and at least it is not as bad as some of the G2 comics. :tfpuke

But perhaps Hasbro will use original art again. They are using the original art for the Predaking reissue.

Something tells me with Hasbro posting a 100,000,000 loss in sales for 2004 compared to 2003, that Hasbro will likely discontinue the reissue line as it is not a major seller.

they had a ~3% decline in revenue. Nothing to laugh at, but, in this case, probably not that big of a deal in terms of changing what lines are continued.

Any business shoud be killing unprofitable lines unless they are of strategic value to company (first generation or Halo products often don't make money for example).

A HASBRO Predaking reissue? Can you tell us more?

I bet he means the Takara reissue.

Do we have any proof that "Dreamwave" did the box art as compared to "freelance artists who also happen to work for Dreamwave"?

I was under the impression (which may have been fuelled by rumor) that suppling the box art was part of Dreamwave's licensing deal with Hasbro.

Also, some toys (such as the Optimus #0 reissue) have the exact same art as appears in Dreamwave's MTMTE series. Although, I guess that "freelance artist" could have submitted the same piece of art to both entities.

EDIT/UPDATE: I was just over on tfw2005, Guido Guidi, a Dreamwave TF artist, says in this thread (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=65053&page=6&pp=15) that his boxcover art used by Hasbro went through Dreamwave - and now that Dreamwave is kaput, he has been asked directly by Hasbro to contribute art for upcoming toys.

Archived