Are knock offs Transformers bad?

Autocorrect Primer

"Bad" as in poorly made. Most are. But I think you will find many collectors have some for different reasons. I personally like the mashed up ones where they copy stuff in the wrong way.

xa1e6njnzfi01.jpg

dsc00106.jpg

54e097a213f7fb2648fe0e435bfac1e8.jpg

• Like 2

I don't care either way. I never got any of the Combiner Wars combiners because I don't think they look good. They all have that H look that bothers me, but I did buy some of the over sized KO's  because I like the way they look. I also have bought some of the G1 KO's that are out there. Mainly because of price and I rather not buy some old dirty one with stickers all jacked up, but that's personal preference.

Just finished listening.

I'm okay with knock offs, Technically a knock off is an imitation product so 3rd party figures like Fans Toys are technically knock offs (imitation of Transformers). Now the quality of knock offs vary by manufacturers.

Outside of toys lots of products are knocked off (for example spin mops, hand bags, coolers, USB cables, etc.)

The issue I have are counterfeits that are sold as original and that's where the law usually comes in. If you are referring to your products as Optimus Prime or Unicron (names that are trademarked with an official product) then there's an issue.

We are basically buying imitation Transformers, which I'm okay with. "3rd party" is catering to a market that Hasbro really has no desire to be in. If you look at their investor slides they clearly state the market for their generations  line start at 10 years old. at the end of the day the War for Cybertron and Cyberverse Deluxe figures are still toy make for children 10 years and up which 40 year olds like me happen to collect.

Third party however, their target market is clearly adults with disposable income and not 10 year old children.

There are over 4700 Walmarts, almost 2000 Targets and almost 10,000 Walgreens in the US. Throw in Amazon and those sales is what makes Hasbro a $5 billion. If shops like BigbadToyStore, TFSource, etc. ceased to exist I don't think it would make a dent in Hasbro's bottom line.

Also disagree about Hasbro knocking off Takara, as they were partners when it came to Transformers same as Power Rangers and Super Sentai.

That's it for now:) Keep up the awesome work.

• 11 months later...