MP-48 Lio Convoy In-Hand Image of Beast Wars II Masterpiece

BaCon

Thanks to TransFans we have an in-hand shot of the the Takara TOMY Transformers MP-48 Lio ConvoyBeast Wars II Masterpiece figure in robot mode. Get a look at this all new version made to reflect the character's cartoon look as seen on the show that will be shipping sometime this money.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

87145559_645568172863212_770613268873373

Yeah, feels like this whole toy is a step down from the BWII C-16 Lio Convoy. I get what they are trying to do with the real cartoon look. IMO, the MP line should follow a much higher standard in design without compromises like this.

MP-48 Lio Convoy Beast Wars II Masterpiece  In-Hand Images of (15)__scaled_600.jpg

I am a huge fan of Beast Wars but I stopped collecting the MP line years ago. With the price point of the MP line now I'm happy with that decision. I am more than happy with the original toys I have of these characters. 

To each their own i guess, but to say this is a step down and that the original toy is better is just crazy. I have the original toy and this MP is far superior in design, accuracy and proportions.

And about the visible lion face on the inside, I agree it is a bit distracting, but the person taking the pics probably did that intentionally. It is just ridiculous to call and label this inferior to an older toy because of that. If we start mentioning the negatives on the original toy, the score would heavily favor the new MP

You are missing the point I am making. The MP line should not be about show accuracy. It should be about making the ULTIMATE, beyond the cartoon, recreations of the characters like the original MP-1 Convoy and many of the MP G1 toys are. Even the MP BW Primal, Megatron and Cheetor were enhanced, but this figure has been simplified to be just like the toon. IMO, the BWII C-16 Lio Convoy is very much enchanted from the cartoon, with larger size, better detailing and more features. 

I DO UNDERSTAND they are going to for the cartoon look and that is great for people who want it. The good news is we have BOTH and that's just PRIME.