The Chaotic Collection Collision

GotBot

The ability to show our collections to our broader community, and the world in general, is not only a means to share our passion publically and proudly, but also a fun and clever idea that allows everyone the opportunity to learn a little more about each other and our wealth of varied tastes. Our common passion is Transformers. Our uniqueness is in how we each collect.

I, personally, started out like many, with no real structure and buying a bit of everything in sight. Since then, my focus has mostly been CHUG, CW, TR, POTP and, now, WfC. These appeal to me as I see them as the retail evolution of what I always wanted and wished for as a boy. It speaks strongly to my nostalgia. But, I also have several offerings from Prime, RiD 2015, a couple Cyberverse, 3p and even a KO or 2 as they represent new, individual and unique characters. I also strive to control my collection with only 1 iteration of a character ( both a control mechanism and a way to maximize my space with its limitations)

Despite an adoration for the franchise since the inception of Transformers in 1984, and one that has continued ever since, my real return to collecting started again in 2009 and kicked into higher gear with FoC, specifically kicked off by voyager Soundwave.

As for my ability to collect, that can be tricky living on an Island,and in the Great White North no less, where distribution has often been spotty. More specifically, I call Paradise home in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

20200205_151947.jpg

20200205_152000.jpg

20200205_152009.jpg

20200205_152233.jpg

20200205_152029.jpg

20200205_153710.jpg

20200205_153725.jpg

20200205_153516.jpg

20200205_153014.jpg

• Like 1

That's a nice collection you got there. I just recently changed over to black book cases. I think they have a better contast with the figures than the brown wood looking ones I used to have.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It it matches better, why not? In the meantime, this week I am actually embarking on a proper collection tour and this is part 1 with some oddities, DVD/Bluray series and the secondary display!

• Like 1

In part 2, I move to my own collection. This covers everything from car decals, to the Covenant, to a cake topper. As for the plastic - we look at tiems from Siege Megatron,to Earthrise Starscream, and custom Liokaiser, Optimus and Deathsaurus, among others!

• Like 1