Transformers Earthrise Sightings Thread

BaCon

It might be possible, but it's certainly improbable. To have 20 of each Deluxe would mean finding 10 cases all in one sweep. In my experience it would be a shock to find a given Target to have more than two cases on hand. The other thing, this seller is offering free shipping, and the markup is relatively low. After postage, which could get kinda high on single item purchases to far away parts of the country, they've got virtually no profit left. But if they're getting wholesale(ish) pricing, that gives them more wiggle room to sell they way they are.

The wackjobs pricing Cliffjumpers at $50, etc, those are the ones probably grabbing off store shelves, cause they need the extra room to be able to operate. In any case, I just want the damn things to appear either in my backyard, or near someone who's willing to mule me a set for cost. It's frustrating being not just so far away from where most of the sightings are, but also [retty far away from the nearest location of the retail chain that's getting stock at the moment. Damn country living.

I think you are right about the pricing, but I believe it is possible someone can get that much. IF distribution is regional, that many stores so close together should get their stock all at the same time. In my area, there are a half-dozen scalpers who are waiting outside stores to open EVERY DAY so they can grab all the new stuff. If anyone is doing that in Mesa, they've got an easy ride to clean out 3 Target stores. So the scalpers can cause a lot of pain in this regard. Its also not a given that everyone finding new stuff is posting it on Ebay for sale. ?

I suppose I also want to believe that this instance represents direct distribution just because that means they aren't taking large quantities of new product away from local shoppers and collectors before they ever have a reasonable chance at it. Sorry you've got a known scalper population to contend with; distribution in my region isn't generally the greatest, but I've rarely had the impression that places were being cleaned out in that way.

Scalping has become a kind of sport to get things first for the money and prestige. These guys RUN to the toy section when doors open. They scour everything they can re-sell: Hotwheels, Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers and anything hot like the Fortnight and LOL! stuff. They've even managed to get the stock clerks cell phone to find what's come in. I didn't see a SIEGE Wave 1 Optimus Prime on the shelf for 2 months after the street date, if that tells what we're up against around here. ?

Amazon is currently shipping both the Earthrise Wave 1 Micromasters Hot Rod and Military Patrols. You can find both of them at the following links selling for $9.99 USD with FREE shipping! Get both of these sets well ahead of the March 31 retail date at the links below.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

• 2 weeks later...

Following the initial surge of Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe figures, I spotted the Wave 1 Leader, Voyger and Master classes on the shelves at the Daly City Target in Northern California.

Earthrise%20Leader,%20Voyager,%20and%20M

I've been checking the Target by my work here in PA for about a week now and they been slowly putting Earthrise out. I believe the beginning of the week I found Cliffjumper and 2 Ironworks, and they had the Micromasters out. Yesterday I found Leader Astrotrain and Optimus. It will be out everywhere soon and we will be complaining the same old Earthrise is on the pegs when wave 2 is supposed to be out. ?