Why did Ultra Magnus...

Beliskner

I'm just interested in why people think he put the matrix in his chest twice in TF:TM.

I DON'T want any reasons such as a mistake in animation, or an in-joke by the animators, or technical reasons, etc.

I want to know why you believe he did this, within the context of the movie. Personally I think he didn't get it right the first time he put it in, since he couldn't really look down at where he was putting the Matrix in.

Thoughts?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He goofed cause he couldn't look down cause his chest compartment lid was blocking the view. He's a great commander but in the field he's known as butter fingers. :) Well, that, and he's a Matrix choker. "open! dammit! open!"

He goofed cause he couldn't look down cause his chest compartment lid was blocking the view. He's a great commander but in the field he's known as butter fingers. :) Well, that, and he's a Matrix choker. "open! dammit! open!"

i have to agree with you i don't think he could see what he was doing. it's interesting to think that it was somehow rejecting him but i think it was an animation error TF is full of them

remember when scourge got it and it mutated him why was that. and why didn't magnus change when he got it. hot rod did you would think it would be standard for a re-format in that case they should have known he wasn't the one

Scourge mutated because he was a Decepticon and wasn't obviously going to use the Matrix for good.

Ultra Magnus didn't change because he was already full sized and mature. Optimus also doesn't change when he has the Matrix, though in "Return of Optimus Prime" he explains he gains some wisdom.

Hotrod changes for one of the following reasons:

First he's the chosen one, so he grows to be a match for any Decepticon.

Second, he's not fully mature (if you can believe TFs age like humans do), so he "ages" when he gains the wisdom of the matrix.

Third, he could be the only one to truly carry the Matrix and as a result is the only one who changes dramatically in power as a result.

Randy

remember when scourge got it and it mutated him why was that. and why didn't magnus change when he got it. hot rod did you would think it would be standard for a re-format in that case they should have known he wasn't the one

Scourge mutated because he was a Decepticon and wasn't obviously going to use the Matrix for good.

Ultra Magnus didn't change because he was already full sized and mature. Optimus also doesn't change when he has the Matrix, though in "Return of Optimus Prime" he explains he gains some wisdom.

Hotrod changes for one of the following reasons:

First he's the chosen one, so he grows to be a match for any Decepticon.

Second, he's not fully mature (if you can believe TFs age like humans do), so he "ages" when he gains the wisdom of the matrix.

Third, he could be the only one to truly carry the Matrix and as a result is the only one who changes dramatically in power as a result.

Randy

if that's the case why didn't galvatron put the matrix inside of him he put it in his cannon to amplify it and no mutation occured

Archived