MP-44 Optimus Prime First In-Hand Images Show Details - Brace Yourselves!

BaCon

The initial releases of the MP-44 Convoy / Optimus Prime figure are giving us our first good looks at what is to be expects as a Top-Shelf figure that justifies the extremely high price. The first looks are mostly positive, but one thing has struck me right off the bat with the figure looking to be a bit smaller than the MP-10? Additionally, hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like this is going to be very complex toy to transform with a lot of fiddly bits.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

mp-44-optimus-prime-first-in-hand-images

I cannot wait for Amazon Japan accept mine. Everyone should have went that route because it's a over $120 cheaper. 

anywho this thing looks no worse than transform element and magic square as far as complexity but one thing this guy has over both of those is it's fully 100 percently painted. The engineering and innovations put both of those figures in the dust from what I'm seeing. The spring loaded crotch flaps that you don't have to manually adjust, the way the knees articulate... I can't wait. y'all can hate all you want.

From what I'm seeing, it's the same height as mp10. Considering the fact that they have a different design aesthetic, I don't expect em to be wide and bulky like that thing was. Compared to this guy mp10 may as well be a Generations figure.

Here's a surprise bonus for MP-44 buyers - it has sound clips reflecting both the japanese and English versions of the G1 cartoon! The video from ThreeStar Star on Youtube demonstrates a range of voice clips in Japanese as we expected, but also reveals a few samples of English dialogue by Peter Cullen.

3 minutes ago, ExVee said:

Here's a surprise bonus for MP-44 buyers - it has sound clips reflecting both the japanese and English versions of the G1 cartoon! The video from ThreeStar Star on Youtube demonstrates a range of voice clips in Japanese as we expected, but also reveals a few samples of English dialogue by Peter Cullen.

I legit almost cried. I've been complaining about this for months. Hasbro listens!