HasLab's First Transformers Project: Unicron - Devourer Of Your Money

ExVee

Cheem does it again with a nice collection of images that give you an instant perspective on the past to present. Many of us are wondering how the $4.6 Million Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Unicron stacks up to the previous Unicron designs. While the G1 figure never came to fruition, we have had numerous editions of the Armada figure mole that was considered to be the Supreme class in its day. Clearly the level of detail on the SIEGE toys is outstanding, but weather the added expense of the scale translates to a better play experience remains to be seen.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Unicorn%20Through%20The%20Years%20-%20Fr

• Thanks 1

Lol. The new one is the best by far. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TMan978 said:

Lol. The new one is the best by far. 

No denying it. IMO, it also makes the Armada one look better. Its not as far off as I remember and Minicons!  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, BaCon said:

WHY Is a mega billion dollar company like Hasbro using crowdfunding?

WHY does it cost so much when they are using crowdfunding?

That said, I would be surprised if enough people support this to make it happen because all the previous Unicron editions ended up warming the shelves. 

Basically, anything they can do to pass the risk off or eliminate it. A preorder threshold means that if it fails they're still out the development costs but nothing else. Probably wouldn't be good to have a $600 shelfwarmer out there. And likewise I'm sure the cost is partly because of the low production run. They probably won't reduce the cost if they end up producing more than expected, but I'm sure only doing 8,000 of these is factored in to the big bite there.

But I do think it'll make it with over 1K in the first 24 hours. When it gets a broader announcement with the SDCC events they'll probably be most of the way there.

• Like 2

TakaraTomy announced today via Twitter that the HasLab Unicron currently up for preorder/crowdfunding will be made available in Japan through TakaraTomy Mall! It's unknown how TakaraTomy's release of Unicron will affect the preorder threshold of 8,000 units, but it's great news that there will be another avenue of availability for the Destroyer of WalletsWorlds.

transformers-war-for-cybertron-unicron-o

• Like 1

Stryker Wang is at it again, sending out some photos over Twitter of the latest addition to Hasbro's display cases at SDCC. Unsurprisingly, Hasbro has brought the big, one of a kind two of a kind prototypes of the HasLab Unicron in planet and robot modes to show off - and of course to get people excited and signing on for the crowdfunding campaign!These new photos give us a first good look at the back, and the huge stacks of planetary surface panels bundled on the back and behind the legs.

SDCC%202019%20-%20HasLab's%20Giant%20Uni

• Like 2

PHEW! Its bigger than I thought. The back shot confirms my worry the stand would be required for the robot mode. Even IF you have room to display something this tall, it will need what looks one foot or so clearance behind it as well to accommodate the stand. 

It's very likely that because the prototype is an amalgam of 3D printing and resin parts, that it needs the stand to safely support its weight, where a production level Unicron in standard plastics will be able to handle its own weight just fine. Remember, as polished and final as this looks, this is legitimately a prototype. What we almost universally call "prototypes" in the fandom are testshots with normal plastics. This monster is the real deal, and materially is nowhere near as durable.

• Like 1

I agree about the prototype element. Hopefully, it is not required, but the that large mass of plastic on the back is not vertically positioned over the legs and has nothing to hold it up other than the stand that appears to insert into the bottom.  I also don't see any extensions for the back of the feet like the Armada one needed to stand in robot mode. But they could be folded under to allow the stand.

SDCC 2019 - HasLab's Giant Unicron Prototype On Display At The Hasbro Booth (2)__scaled_800.jpg