20th Anni. Prime's gun.

Taaron

Hey guys...I recieved 20th Anni. Prime for Xmas...and was wondering, how can Optimus hold his gun where it wouldn't be so loose? (I find it sort of funny, Optimus has a better grip on Megatron than he does his own weapon..)

Also, a while back I saw a post somewhere where someone had figured out a place to store Optimus's gun on his back. Does anyone have this topic on hand?

Aoi

I just normally use my Megatron Rifle or I leave him unarmed. That gun is crap anyway. It's just like a blown-up version of Alt Sideswipe's engine block. Makes it look like Prime has a limp wrist. What he really needed was a peg system to hold it in place. Anyone who has Alt Grimlock should know what I mean, because his gun and sword would be a nightmare without the pegs. I hope this gets cleared up in time for MP-02

You can just use some wall mounting putty, I imagine. You can get it in small packages, it's used for sticking posters and such to your wall without having to drive a nail through it. I've used it to hold accessories onto many of my Transformers and Gundams. If you leave it on long enough there might be a little oily residue on the plastic (nothing that can't be wiped away, or taken off with a new lump of putty).

What I hate is, if you look at Prime's gun handle it has peg holes but his hands have no pegs. Also, for the grimlock comment, My Grimlock damn near refuses to hold his gun. the pegs keep popping out. Once I spend 30 seconds forcing his gun in his hand, I go to pose him and AARRGGG!!

Also, a while back I saw a post somewhere where someone had figured out a place to store Optimus's gun on his back. Does anyone have this topic on hand?

Aoi

It may have been my thread in question, but yes, there's an easy way to mount the gun on his back, no modification or stickytape required...

There's a tab on the gun, here:

prime14oh.jpg

On both sides of his back, behind the hinge on the headlight panels, there's another hole:

prime22jb.jpg

Closeup:

prime38af.jpg

The peg on the gun should fit right down in the hole... it's a little tight, so don't force it too much. It doesn't have to go in very far to hold...

prime45tf.jpg

Closeup:

prime53fm.jpg

Gun in place:

prime63ur.jpg

Final appearance, on the shelf:

prime72ar.jpg

:thumb

Note: this is the Hasbro version. I can only assume it is the same on the Takara version, but I don't have one, so I don't know for sure.

I'll be trying that as soon as I get home! Thanks!!

Archived