not-so-iron Ironhide

Lord Atmo

i bought a Jetfire/Ironhide 2-pack for $19.99 (SCORE!) and after i transformed Ironhide twice, his shoulder panel fell off. i tried to reattach it because it's one of those parts that comes off frome xcessive force and can simply be reattached. well, when i tried to put it back on, it wasnt locking into place. i thought something was wrong. so i took a look at the part. and i found that one of the connector parts on it BROKE OFF! my Ironhide broke after an hour of me buying him. what should i do? should i contact Hasbro or try and trade for a new shoulder panel online? HELP!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i bought a Jetfire/Ironhide 2-pack for $19.99 (SCORE!) and after i transformed Ironhide twice, his shoulder panel fell off. i tried to reattach it because it's one of those parts that comes off frome xcessive force and can simply be reattached. well, when i tried to put it back on, it wasnt locking into place. i thought something was wrong. so i took a look at the part. and i found that one of the connector parts on it BROKE OFF! my Ironhide broke after an hour of me buying him. what should i do? should i contact Hasbro or try and trade for a new shoulder panel online? HELP!!

take it back to wally world... they will take anything back

that's the problem. i threw the box and everything else other than the toys away. the receipt is gone too >_

my ironhide does the same thing , its one of the first waves, but the connectors didnt break on mine, thats tough luck. i guess thats a common flaw on him

*sigh*. the panels normally just fall off? mine totally broke. i REALLY want a new ironhide or rather just a new panel. is it ok to post an offer for one in "the end cap"?

oOOo did u pay by cash or credit? talk to a manager about returning something without a recipt or box... if u paid in credit they can look up the date u bought it n make a new recipt...

but doing many returns they might have somewhere in their policy... "all returns must be un opened or un used OR must be in the original packaging and contain all the parts....defective merchandise will be replaced ......(here's the yucky part) some collectibles like toys may not be returned..." if your SOL with nothing.. i say ask for a district manager and keep fighting... if all else fails... contact hasbro. don't be dissapointed if the manager on duty says... "i cant do anything for u cuz i need a box AND/OR recipt" all the box is for is to repackage n resell the product.

what u can do *which is really scandolous* is buy the same thing... switch the toys... and return the defective item with new recipt and claim that "i just bought this not too long ago and its defective... i dont want to replace it i just want my money back"... next time dont loose you're recipt and never throw away the box :thumb

edit: how do i know this? i used to do returns and i know what u can get away with... its like the movie the terminal with tom hanks... all u do is read the fine print and as long as you're not breakin any rules..."ahh its goat!"

i might do that if all else fails. i emailed hasbro. i dont know how long it usually takes to get a response from them. so i'll give them 3 days. then i try a new strategy

This scares me because I am really interested in buying this two pack.

Archived