A good year for Transformers?

Satan's Camaro

I just hope that this does not lead to a shrinking Tf section... a couple Targets that I usually visit has invaded the TF section with other non TF stuff...

My local Walmart as finally open their stock of combiner stuff, but that's a month after these started to appear, and I have already gotten all avalible pieces.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope that this does not lead to a shrinking Tf section... a couple Targets that I usually visit has invaded the TF section with other non TF stuff...

Yeah, that's what my Targets' TF sections look like. I would like to think that the other stuff is just being used as filler until they get more TF stock in.

My local Walmart as finally open their stock of combiner stuff, but that's a month after these started to appear, and I have already gotten all avalible pieces.

The TF section will remain the same. After Christmas, the toy section is an utter mess until they do their reset, which for toys, will probably happen in January sometime. They put anything on the shelf, wherever there is an open spot.

shockwave2005:

Well, you would think that they would be...you know...Restocking?! I mean, there are a lot of people out there (myself being one of them) eager to use those gift cards that we got as gifts, and that only spells profit for the stores.

----

Sorry to burst your bubble shockwave05, but if you received *gift cards* then that means that Target/Walmart/TRU/Borders/Wharehouse/Tower/BestBuy etc

**Have Already Gotten Paid***

They dont care about your card now. And anyway they know you will still be around in the middle of January. Hell we are a consumer nation we will all be around next January, February etc. This, i think is also why, they are not in a hurry to stock or create/release a bunch of new things in Nov/Dec -- Why work that hard when you can let the season buy up all their shelf warmers. Then NEXT year they will release the new figs. (i bought my first BT-SM in Feb04, and my First Alt-SW in Mar04)

You guys act like you are surprised that all the Day-glo abomination-shoyer-heds-Energeon-Ironhides are gone. But thats the point - when the isles are empty and its a week till Xmas, mom only knows that Jr. wants a Transformer for Christmas - she doesnt care weather its a new mold/recolor/Alternator/or the worst TF ever made* - all she knows is that its there and there is a line at the chekout so she better grab it and hurry up

* yeah, i got a Wheelie for Xmas one year. that was the year i stopped believing in Santa.

-Hunter

EDIT: Damn you Gaiares - i posted, and you slipped in right ahead of me making my whole statement look lame and uninformed like i gotta ingrown head or something!

Sorry to burst your bubble shockwave05, but if you received *gift cards* then that means that Target/Walmart/TRU/Borders/Wharehouse/Tower/BestBuy etc

They dont care about your card now.  And anyway they know you will still be around in the middle of January.  Hell we are a consumer nation we will all be around next January, February etc.

Interesting. Where I work, when you put money on a gift card, the company doesn't see the money until the customer actually uses it. I know this because the money someone puts on a gift card does not show up in our store sales reports.

I can't wait for the "Great Restocking". Last year I was so happy to see Alt. Smokescreen at the beginning of January. Maybe I can find Swindle and Windcharger. The only bad thing is now we might be going through what we went through last year with Alts sitting on the shelf.

They dont care about your card now.  And anyway they know you will still be around in the middle of January.  Hell we are a consumer nation we will all be around next January, February etc.

Interesting. Where I work, when you put money on a gift card, the company doesn't see the money until the customer actually uses it. I know this because the money someone puts on a gift card does not show up in our store sales reports.

thats because if its a chain they need to know who to credit. You can buy a gift card in say Los Angeles California and 3months later have someone spend it in Denver Colorado.

But i assure you that when a customer buys a Gift Card on December 15th 2004 - the cashier and the corporation (ie target/Walmart etc) expects cash right then and there. Try it any other way ...... it wont work.

shockwave2005:

Well, you would think that they would be...you know...Restocking?! I mean, there are a lot of people out there (myself being one of them) eager to use those gift cards that we got as gifts, and that only spells profit for the stores.

----

They dont care about your card now. And anyway they know you will still be around in the middle of January. Hell we are a consumer nation we will all be around next January, February etc. This, i think is also why, they are not in a hurry to stock or create/release a bunch of new things in Nov/Dec -- Why work that hard when you can let the season buy up all their shelf warmers. Then NEXT year they will release the new figs. (i bought my first BT-SM in Feb04, and my First Alt-SW in Mar04)

You guys act like you are surprised that all the Day-glo abomination-shoyer-heds-Energeon-Ironhides are gone. But thats the point - when the isles are empty and its a week till Xmas, mom only knows that Jr. wants a Transformer for Christmas - she doesnt care weather its a new mold/recolor/Alternator/or the worst TF ever made* - all she knows is that its there and there is a line at the chekout so she better grab it and hurry up

* yeah, i got a Wheelie for Xmas one year. that was the year i stopped believing in Santa.

-Hunter

EDIT: Damn you Gaiares - i posted, and you slipped in right ahead of me making my whole statement look lame and uninformed like i gotta ingrown head or something!

Hey Hr I just arrived first :tfevil

But it is true that parents will buy ANYTHING as long as they can get "deals" or get that toy the ir kid wants. They just have to buy something cause everybody buys oys for xmas. Even if it mens gettin the lame shelf warmers

Archived