GF Convoy, Starscream, & Megatron Galeries!

kumtoshi

My only complaint with Prime would have to be the crotch piece on the front. Wish each armor flap could move independently instead of as one piece (like BTALT Tracks). But I guess that it's geared towards a younger demo and thus not extreme detail is put into them.

Kinda wishing they'd do an MP sorta thing with him after seeing the movie clips.

I can see the JPN modellers going to town on a Perfect Grade GF Convoy. Could you imagine?!! If anyone here follows Gundam, there's a PG Strike Gundam where the outer 'skin' moves with each joint creating a perfect joint movement. Looks almost techno orgasmic; er organic I mean. If they ever did a Perfect Grade GF Convoy it truly would be orgasmic though!

From a technical engineering aspect though...

KT

here's a link of pics of the engineering I'm talking about:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?ban931413 where each nuckle is articulated! I have the RX-78 one and my friend who's getting a PhD in civil engineering and I took 3 days to put together!! For example, with the Strike Gundam when you move the knee joint, the outer thigh armor pieces and internal mechanics slide past each other enabling true emulation of humanoid movement. A GF prime like this would be hella wicked!

The pic shows how many #)@$ pieces come with these things. ONLY For those with PATIENCE!!!! and a nice set of hemostats (tiny surgical forceps).

post-27-1104099953.jpg

kumtoshi - SWEETNESS!!! i purchased the PG Wing Zero Custom like 4 years ago when i first visited Hong Kong... picked him up for $600HKD!!! talk about price negotiations! haha it was asking $750HKD i siad $600 then i walked... haha owner came out and yellled OK OK $600!!!

so that was about $110-120CAD at that point.

never build it yet, planning to keep it until probably 30sumfin... well get career going, move out, steady income... then spend a lot of time slowly building it :D

Well, I finally have a good idea of the general complexity of GF Starscream and how he stacks up to his Armada counterpart. I've got to say, I'm impressed with this figure overall, and he does appear to be a lot more detailed than Armada Starscream, but I was hoping he'd be a little smaller. More in scale with G1 Starscream. Instead I see he's basically the same size as he was in Armada.

Oh well. This is still the first Starscream mold, post G1, that I would be willing to buy Red, Blue, and Purple variants of.

not sure if i said this before, but GF Starscream reminds me of TWW Starscream...

GF Starscream is WW Starscream, more or less. The character design is almost identical, and they both have the same kind of alt mode as G1 Starscream did in the pilot episode. The only difference is his cockpit should be more on his torso and less on his crotch, which kind of bugs me, and he's got Armada Starscream's red and black color scheme, as opposed to the red and blue of G1 and WW.

Oddly enough, the actual character model from Galaxy Force is in G1 colors, which means this figure is NOT show-accurate.

Archived