Tripredacus's Collection

Tripredacus

I had a busy day today!

Couldn't say. :tfgrin

I open very few TFs. I only opened up one TF so far this year, and it was the Amp car.

Remember when I said this? Remember I've been saying it for years now? Well times are a changing...

8083379153_a71f5d82a2.jpg

Display wall bare by Tripredacus, on Flickr

Remember when I wanted to buy some awesome glass display cases? Yeah that didn't work out. Even with a home improvement loan, they were cost prohibitive. So I can still make do....

8083561138_ed9266cf53.jpg

Wall mounting shelves by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I haven't bought all the pieces yet, since I want to get a feel for spacing and what not. As you can see above, there is a window there and there is no shades for it. So I can't actually put anything up yet (yes this is me being responsible)

Can you guess who he is?

8083606343_14d2706c8d.jpg

Lonely shelf space by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I also got one of those $30 5 shelf dealies at Big Lots. That will be for another wall and something a little less to do with toys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably just less than halfway done going through items in storage, so no full arrangement pics just yet. How about some teasers?

8139889490_4d46429e14.jpg

Sideswipe by Tripredacus, on Flickr

The G1 Sideswipe has a custom "sticker" on it... Which is basically an Autobot symbol I had printed out on a color printer over 10 years ago and glued to the hood. :tflaugh

8139893562_e61a532f37.jpg

Ravage by Tripredacus, on Flickr

After some time going about trying to arrange my items, I'm starting to have some second thoughts on the display idea. In this example, you can see how my grand idea of having boxed items in the back can be a problem because they can be hidden behind the loose items. While I can add some risers to put the boxed items on AND I can adjust the actual shelves themselves, I may end up with a top shelf that is too high. I have some more thinking to do on this still, but I had already planned to change it up from time to time anyways.

8139901768_491818d6d5.jpg

Misc shelf by Tripredacus, on Flickr

The currently existing top shelf is about 1 inch above my eye level, which concerns me with putting loose items up there. My initial idea for the top shelf was to put up exclusives, variants, pre-tfs, etc that are related to the main arrangement, but aren't exactly part of it.

8139907102_6682661e20.jpg

Boxed storage by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I have a walkin closet in the display room where I can store some boxed items for temporary use. This is basically like a queing location for future displayed things, or boxes for things I have opened on the shelf.

• 3 weeks later...

Wheeljack "misc" top display done. I don't have a lot of Wheeljack so it didn't take long.

8201895200_bb2e5c455a.jpg

Wheeljack misc by Tripredacus, on Flickr

G1 Prowl I got in the mail. It is physically different (molding variations) than my other one. The windshield is not attached to the car. I may try to glue it on, but it looks like it had been glued once before.

8201898140_8f479159ee.jpg

G1 Prowl by Tripredacus, on Flickr

My other Prowl, had Smokescreen's launchers. I hadn't really thought about it, but the new Prowl came with one. So I took the Smokescreen launchers and put them in the accessories bin.

8203235032_effb2a0772.jpg

Prowl launcher by Tripredacus, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

New month, new arrangement. This month I'll take a look at Starscream.

8335145283_dfac2e7161.jpg

Starscream top 1 by Tripredacus, on Flickr

8336202818_65135a2f45.jpg

Untitled by Tripredacus, on Flickr

8336205684_d5eb1e46c2.jpg

8335152659_9e681f600e.jpg

Some of my toys are works in progress. Here is new MP Thundercracker, he found something!

8336209454_a4d3449c49.jpg

This Laserbeak is from the oversized Soundwave KO. So much bigger than that Titanium guy on the left.

8336212984_ed9cdd7fc8.jpg

Laserbeak by Tripredacus, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

Shelf updated with customs that sto_vo_kor_2000 made.

8418171604_050faba652.jpg

Custom seekers by Tripredacus, on Flickr

8417082047_a798c5fd5c.jpg

Custom Sunstorm by Tripredacus, on Flickr

8418198152_1e8e607f2f.jpg

Custom Road Hauler by Tripredacus, on Flickr

It worked out well since I don't have a Sunstorm yet, or a Road Hauler. Even when I get an Ehobby Road Hauler I will likely still keep the robot mode of the custom, as well as Grapple for the vehicle mode.

I will soon be building my TF merchandise shelf. I have some crap I need to move around to 3 different rooms and I have been putting it off. Since I am getting a new ceiling installed in the kitchen tomorrow, maybe I will actually get around to at least measuring!

• 1 month later...