My recent Email to Hasbro

The REAL Generation Zero

What will the outcome be? (read post first)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be? (read post first)

• I recieve a new Meister, with an arm that doesn't fall off
    • I recieve a new Meister, with another loose arm
    • "Production Delay", and I recieve Alt Sideswipe. Yay.
    • "Production Delay", and I recieve Alt. Smokescreen. Yay x 2.
    • "Production Delay", and I recieve Alt. Grimlock. :clap
    • "Production Delay", and I recieve Alt. Windcharger. :clap :clap
    • "Production Delay", and I get an Energon bot of "equal value."
    • Hasbro will figure out an unexpected way to screw me over.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What most companies do when they have returns due to defects, is to replace said item with the identical product upon availability. When the item is no longer in stock or discontinued, they usually replace the item with the most current product in that given line. I know for a fact that nike does this with their shoes because I've had several pair replaced with the new model or color-way. So, you never know, you may get Grimlock or Windcharger after all. Best of luck.

Well, I actually had this sort of problem recently. And to tell you the truth, I won't be dealing with hasbro in this way again.

I purchased Dreadwing from the Energon line back when BBTS first got them in. I transformed him, etc etc....let him stand on my shelf as my other tfs do. I go back and mess around with all of them periodically and about 2 months later, I go back to pick up Dreadwing. I notice why his hydrofoil on his back is so loose - one of the balljoint cups had split (ie bad craftmanship.)

I did the same thing. Emailed hasbro, got the same generic letter, etc etc.

I sent him back and in around 3 weeks turn around i recieved my replacement. You can imagine the happiness in my eyes when i opened the box only to see....Jetfire. Right. That was my figure. I'd stray far from sending it back unless you just want to gamble, and replace the figure if you've got the money.

Needless to say I returned the Jetfire to walmart (only getting 15 dollars credit) and picked up a replacement Dreadwing.

Only send it back if you want last year's overstock OR the figure you sent in. Those are your choices. You won't get anything new. Trust me.

As for meister, I haven't had mine have problems yet....course, as I said before, they just stand there.

Good luck on whatever choice you make :)

-Jin

Customer "Service" strikes again...

I replied to the first email with:

Customer (Jason Jacquin) 12/22/2004 02:14 PM

Would it be possible to request a different Alternators figure in place of

Meister? I would prefer Grimlock or Windcharger, if either is available.

Also, my questions about the website, G1 Sideswipe, and the expansion of the

Alternators line were not answered or addressed at all... Thanks again for

your time! - Jason

Thier answer was this:

Response (Kerry Bronson) 12/22/2004 02:32 PM

Hi Jason,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We are pleased to be able to respond.,

Unfortunately there is no gurantee on which item will be available.

Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance for distribution.

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com often for the most current product information.

We appreciate your understanding and your interest.

In other words, "We'll send you whatever the hell we want to send you, and you'll like it. As for the other stuff, we ain't gotta tell you sh*t. :mwahaha"

:tflaugh

I'm gonna send it back. What the hell, right?

*edit* anyone catch the irony? My Question:

First, are there plans to update the Alternators page of the Transformers website in the near future?

Hasbro's reply:

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com often for the most current product information.

Don't be surprised if they send you a Smokescreen or a Sideswipe.

Archived