TFormers Presents The Year In Review: 2015

ExVee

We've spent the past week or so looking back at 2015 and discussing what stood out to us in a range of categories. All kinds of toy related subjects, as well as the comics, and general news. So right now on the main page you can find divided among five articles our picks for best (and sometimes not so best) of 2015. Or, hit the links below for each post!

Year In Review 2015 - The Best Of Toys Part 1: General

Year In Review 2015 - The Best of Toys Part 2: Generations

Year In Review 2015 - The Best Of Toys For Deep Pockets: Masterpiece And Unofficial Products

Year In Review 2015 - The Best Of Comics

Year In Review 2015 - The News: Good, Bad, And Memorable

But now it's your turn! As seen in this post, we want to hear from you. Tell us what you thought was great in 2015, and you could win one of three gift certificate prizes from BigBadToyStore. Check the news post for full details and rules, and then come back right here and share your picks with us - we can't wait to hear what you have to say! Just respond to this post with your picks of at least three of the following categories, and while you're at it tell us about your picks to be entered for a chance at one of our second prizes. Full details in the post above - looking forward to hearing from all of you!

• Best Official Toy (Hasbro)
  • Best Official Toy (TakaraTomy)
  • Best Masterpiece Toy
  • Best Unofficial (third party) Toy
  • Best Comic Issue Or Storyline
  • Best News Item (any category)
  • Best Toy Reveal

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Hasbro Toy: Deluxe Class Rook. Hasbro went all out on Rook,his unconventional weapon ports plus his bulky proportion make for a really good combination.

The Best Toy Reveal: Combiner Wars Bruticus

Best Takara Figure:Unite Warriors Scrapper

Best Official Toy (H): CW Rook.

Best Official Toy (TakTom): UW Defensor

Best Masterpiece Toy: Tracks

Best Unffocial Toy: Shuraking Thunderous

Best Storyline: MTME Brainstorm's Arc.

Best news Item: rumor of CW Predaking

Best Toy Reveal: Masterpiece Tracks

Best Official Toy (H): Platinum Insecticons Old look with new plastic just brought back the nostalgia, just what I wanted out of them.

Best Official Toy (TakTom): Nightbird I cant believe they went that far back and made a toy for her after this long you would think everything had been done.

Best Masterpiece Toy: Road Rage Looks gorgeous the colors really pop. I had never known of this repaint.

Best Unofficial Toy: Sever I love the transformation. Looks complicated but super fun.

Best news Item: Combiner Wars animation announcement I cant wait for a more adult styled cartoon.

Best Toy Reveal: Titan Master Galvatron A headmaster Galvatron is just a brilliant idea. Center table was a good call.

Best Official Toy: Combiner Wars Prowl. ( He just looks so nice, especially when you compare him to the rest of his team. )

Best News Item: Combaticon Awareness Week. ( I just though it was very interesting to remind myself of all the good and bad that a Bruticus had to offer throughout the years. )

Best Toy Reveal: Masterpiece Optimus Primal ( As someone who doesn't currently collect Masterpiece figures and is a huge fans of Beast Wars, I am excited for this. I home it turns out well. )

• Best Official Toy (Hasbro) - Ultra Magnus

• Best Official Toy (TakaraTomy) - Nightbird

Best Masterpiece Toy - Bluestreak (Blue)

Best Unofficial (third party) Toy - Spartan

Best Comic Issue Or Storyline - Aleta-1's arrival

Best News Item (any category) - Titans Returns

Best Toy Reveal - Masterpiece Tracks

• Best Official Toy (Hasbro) - Voyager Hot Spot

Best Official Toy (TakaraTomy) - Unite Warriors Devastator

Best Masterpiece Toy - Blue Bluestreak

Best Unofficial (third party) Toy

Best Comic Issue Or Storyline - More than Meets the Eye issue # 44

Best News Item (any category)

Best Toy Reveal

Sorry for the double post, I can't edit.......

anyway:

• Best Official Toy (Hasbro) - Voyager Hot Spot - great robot mode, awesome articulation, makes great use of the ladder, and makes a great torso too boot.
  • Best Official Toy (TakaraTomy) - Unite Warriors Devastator - the best version of a pretty good toy
  • Best Masterpiece Toy - Blue Bluestreak - he just looks fantastic, and I'm not even a fan of the character
  • Best Unofficial (third party) Toy
  • Best Comic Issue Or Storyline - More than Meets the Eye issue # 44 - awesome story, especially those final couple pages
  • Best News Item (any category)
  • Best Toy Reveal - Skylynx - This came out of nowhere!!!!

Best Official Toy (Hasbro) – Combiner Wars Titan Class Devastator! The articulation of the combined form, despite its size, and the fact it’s a combiner and holds together perfectly is amazing. The sculpts of the combined mode as well as all of his individual Constructicon parts, in both robot and alt modes are superb!

Best Official Toy (Takara Tomy) – Legends LG15 Nightbird Shadow! Great rendition of a previously used mold with newly sculpted head. Additional unique weapons and an excellent homage to the original cartoon character.

Best Masterpiece Toy – MP-11T Thundercracker! The modifications made to the transformation/figure since my first experience with it’s like (Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream) were a breath of fresh air! They made this figure far more like one should expect from a Masterpiece series.

Best Unofficial (3rd Party) Toy – WarbotronWB01-E Fierce Attack (aka Onslaught)! Not only does this figure complete the (not) Combaticons set to make the very impressive “Brute” combiner, but this guy is massively impressive all on his own. The Transformation, sculpting, paint applications, articulation and plastic quality are all top notch!

Best Comic Issue or Storyline – Combiner Wars storyline! It was fun to have a story to go along with the figures being produced outside of the latest animated series.

Best News Item – Voting between Omega Supreme, Trypticon and Scorponok as the next Titan class figure!

Best Toy Reveal – Early shots of Titans Return Leader Class Power Master Optimus Prime!