The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Is the big, crappy arm guy about to beat the crap outta the little, crappier arm guy?

:tflaugh he don't suspect a thing.

I found a simple mod for Cyb Evac.

He has a huge lump of forearm kibble (helicopter rotor thingy) that I decided could look better as a blaster... Thanks to G1 Megs for the idea...

I found a drill bit similar in diamiter to a powerlink post and drilled in lightly.

Tried not to hit any of the rotor's gears n stuff...

I inserted Eng Arcee's tailpipe/laser barrels, and BAM!

Check the pics!

68507342.jpg

Ya know, when Pretenders first came out in 1988, I often thought, "these are pretty crap disguises... not only would they be too big to be human, but nobody dresses like that!" And I never really put much thought into it since then...

Of course, Masterforce gave us the answer for the size issue (good old fashioned mass-shunting) and it finally clicked a few months ago -- of course! The Autobot Pretenders are supposed to be Space Marines!! DUH!! *Captain Obvious Classic!* They were even portrayed that way in G1, especially in Matrix Quest Part Four.

So I decided to do this little shot...

post-6770-1149422406.jpg trust Grimlock to go toe-to-toe with a Zerg Hydralisk!

Although the Pretenders' armour are pretty brightly coloured (although no brighter than some of the stuff you see in Warhammer) they do seem to blend in with other Space Marine figures such as the Starcraft Terran and Halo dude you can see in the same shot... ;)