The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

I'm new to taking pictures of tiny things close up, so there's some focus and lighting issues in the following post. Forgive my noobishness and enjoy.

As part of my continuing G.I. Joe/TF Animated Crossover fixation:

CCMegs.gif

Also, I recently realized a lifelong dream: A room strictly for my toys. A sanctuary of plastic love. And part of that room is a card table set up in the corner where I can safely leave my figures set out for as long as I wish without cluttering up the living spaces.

Naturally, my geekery has forced me to set up a diorama on this table...and so I bring you: "Ninja Training Interrupted".

Wideshot.gif

ZartanOilslick.gif

Bulkhead.gif

Fireflyambush.gif

It just needs the Dinobots. Great scene though. I've been wanting to do the same since my son got Heroscape but sadly I don't have such a space.

Also, I recently realized a lifelong dream: A room strictly for my toys. A sanctuary of plastic love. And part of that room is a card table set up in the corner where I can safely leave my figures set out for as long as I wish without cluttering up the living spaces.

Naturally, my geekery has forced me to set up a diorama on this table...and so I bring you: "Ninja Training Interrupted".

OMG that's AWESOME! Very nicely done! Heroscape, eh? Must look into.

Congrats on the toyroom, BTW, I'm jealous. We just bought a 3-br house w/ a finished basement, and I still don't have a decent space for my TFs and diecast cars and military figs/GI Joes, etc. Enjoy and remember those of us limping along with only shelf space...

OMG that's AWESOME! Very nicely done! Heroscape, eh? Must look into.

Congrats on the toyroom, BTW, I'm jealous. We just bought a 3-br house w/ a finished basement, and I still don't have a decent space for my TFs and diecast cars and military figs/GI Joes, etc. Enjoy and remember those of us limping along with only shelf space...

Thanks. We just bought a 2 bedroom townhouse with a "bonus room" on the bottom floor by the garage and a "loft" space upstairs. Since it's just the wife and I, we have designated the second bedroom as "The Library", the loft is "The Study" and the bonus room downstairs is "The Dungeon"...where I keep the toys. I swear, it's like we live in the Clue Game Board.

The Dungeon isn't gigantic, and we have to walk through it to get to the garage. Plus, the water heater's down there (opposite corner from the toys, there is no danger of them being destroyed by a leak or anything), so that means, there's just enough room left over for the shelves all my toys are on (in stacked Rubbermaid cases, mind you, not "on display"...cuts down on the space needed) and that card table. But I put down a nice area rug so I can sit on the floor and play when I want to and will use the card table as a rotating "display space" to leave out the stuff I am currently enamored with and want to fiddle with/look at a lot. I think I'll be very happy with it.

The previous place we were renting was pretty tiny, so not only did the toys have to be stacked in Rubbermaid cases, but they had to be put up when not in use or completely take over the house.

As soon as the whole of my stuff is unpacked, organized, and decorated (I've got some old G1 checklists I want to have framed and hang on the wall down there) I'll throw up a couple shots of the collection residing in it's new home.

Great Hound shots, solidspeir. I want that toy so much.

It just needs the Dinobots.

It started out as "Cobra invades Dinobot Island" but, man, that little "set" I made out of Heroscape fills up quick and too many Transformers just looks cluttered and disorganized. I've got more Heroscape and other "playset" items, so I'll probably do something like that in the future, but the other night I only had about an hour to play around before I had to do more productive things with my time again, so I just went with "Prowl and Snake Eyes training in the woods".

Great pic. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. Cool name and congrats on your toy-room. I remember when i was a kid and thinking; "When i grow up i will FILL my house with toys!" I pictured all sorts of semi-permanent, meticulously posed battles. I still fantasize about the day my toys will get to stretch their legs again.

"Time makes all things possible."

It just needs the Dinobots.

It started out as "Cobra invades Dinobot Island" but, man, that little "set" I made out of Heroscape fills up quick and too many Transformers just looks cluttered and disorganized. I've got more Heroscape and other "playset" items, so I'll probably do something like that in the future, but the other night I only had about an hour to play around before I had to do more productive things with my time again, so I just went with "Prowl and Snake Eyes training in the woods".

You also might want to pick up the Marvel Heroscape box. It has a ton of little Marvel figs, and a busted up building, and city Heroscape land pieces. Oh by the way I heard from a guy who works at a game shop that Hasbro is planning a Transformers Heroscape. I don't know if this is true or not but it would be wicked :awsum