The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

*dug around and found it*

post-5-1103379056.jpg

Brick my ass! :P

:tflaugh

Here's some of the pics that I have taken recently:

I present Alternators Mirage with the Buster Sword from Cloud from Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children.

Mirage01.jpg

Mirage02.jpg

Don't wanna break balls here, but if you were any kind of FF7 fan you'd know that's not the Buster Sword at all. That would be it's big brother The First Tsurugi!

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a while since i posted in this thread. im sure someone has done this with primus in some shape and form by now but here goes:

P1080131.jpg

unfortunately primus' finger joints are too loose to grab it firmly like galaxy convoy did, but at least he can double-wield it unlike god fire convoy...

yep, I know :) I took this one right before it. I keep the hand free to hold his blue gun

scatter2.jpg

the pictures came out darker then they looked on the LCD on my camera, Im gonna re-do them tomorrow night once my batteries are recharged. and I'll set the shutter speed to stay open for 15 seconds, instead of only 10 seconds.

its pitch black outside when I took those pics. all there is, is a street light down the road for lighting. that's why they are so dark

it's been a while since i posted in this thread. im sure someone has done this with primus in some shape and form by now but here goes:

P1080131.jpg

unfortunately primus' finger joints are too loose to grab it firmly like galaxy convoy did, but at least he can double-wield it unlike god fire convoy...

I was going to do something like that but I lack a sword

Mike. - those pics look neat, the darkness kinda helps add to a realistic looking night shot IMO.

Okay, here's what I hope will be the first of many -- Transformers Martial Arts poses! :)

Here is a pic of Masterpiece Convoy demonstrating the eight basic stances used in Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu. Note the following:

* Please don't badger me about other Mantis stances that aren't pictured here. These are the stances from the Dabamabu ("Eight Great Horse Stances") form. I'm well aware that Praying Mantis has other stances outside of these core 8 (although those stances are all derived from these essential 8 stances anyway).

* Yes, I'm aware that the stances are not exact. It's being demonstrated by a toy - and despite Masterpiece Convoy's articulation, he's no where near as well articulated as a human. These are as accurate as I could get the stances to look given the relatively limited articulation on the toy. I broke this toy in several bits just trying to get it into a proper riding horse stance... in the end I got sick of picking the bits up and fixing the toy, so I just went with an approximation. All of these stances are just approximations. (-_-)

* Note that most stances have multiple various names, for example the horse stance is also known as the riding horse stance, the bow and arrow stance is also known as the climbing the mountain stance and the circle entering step is also known as the Jade Ring stance. I'm just using the stance names that I was taught and tend to generally use myself. I'm well aware that variant names exist for all these stances, thank you. A stance by any other name would still kick some ass. ;)

Stance names are listed below...

convoy_stances.jpg

The stances are (left to right, top to bottom):

1. Horse stance.

2. Bow and arrow stance.

3. Empty step.

4. Single leg stance.

5. Side stance.

6. Jade ring stance.

7. Sitting twisted stance.

8. Seven star stance.

I encourage other martial artists on this board to also add shots of their Transformers doing some Kung Fu Fighting! (^_^)

yep, I know :) I took this one right before it. I keep the hand free to hold his blue gun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/cra...er/scatter2.jpg

the pictures came out darker then they looked on the LCD on my camera, Im gonna re-do them tomorrow night once my batteries are recharged. and I'll set the shutter speed to stay open for 15 seconds, instead of only 10 seconds.

its pitch black outside when I took those pics. all there is, is a street light down the road for lighting. that's why they are so dark

Rather than merely opening the shutter longer,why not try to touch up the photos in Photoshop for color correction and balance?

This is your photo above, with some tweaking to bring out the details and the background a little. I didn't color correct it because it gives it a dusk / twilight look with the yellow cast:

scatter2touchup.jpg