The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Hi, first post in this forum. I really dig the mixer/dj MP convoy with the BTs dancing.

I just got my EX-02 sonic convoy giftset in the mail a few days ago (took me long enough but I was using seamail so), and just so happens I have my TRU god fire convoy's super god sword hanging around.  seeing that galaxy convoy also has grips on his hands I decided to give it a try

5297c780.jpg

total length is around 70cm from tip of the sword to the red wings/ignited galaxy cannon on the right.  Yes, all parts are being utilized in the giftset, which I'm dead sure other people have done before by now, but i made it so that coby's rumble can sit on top behind's sonic bomber's "nosecone/ignited machine gun" which is not shown in this pic

Hi, first post in this forum. I really dig the mixer/dj MP convoy with the BTs dancing.

I just got my EX-02 sonic convoy giftset in the mail a few days ago (took me long enough but I was using seamail so), and just so happens I have my TRU god fire convoy's super god sword hanging around.  seeing that galaxy convoy also has grips on his hands I decided to give it a try

5297c780.jpg

total length is around 70cm from tip of the sword to the red wings/ignited galaxy cannon on the right.  Yes, all parts are being utilized in the giftset, which I'm dead sure other people have done before by now, but i made it so that coby's rumble can sit on top behind's sonic bomber's "nosecone/ignited machine gun" which is not shown in this pic

Holy crackers! that's a cool pic!!

9af194ca.jpg

Hey! What's up Streaker! I was wondering if..Ooff!

b700a0f7.jpg

Skidsproof003.jpg

Skidsproof002.jpg

Holy crackers! that's a cool pic!!

thanks, glad you like it; almost everybody who saw it, TF fans or not, was pretty amazed by it, including my 60yr old dad

here comes the consequence of this imposing pose:  since galaxy convoy's "thumb" is fixed i kinda had to force the sword handle into the grip, causing (permanent) scratches/stress marks on the soft plastic handle. 

and whats more, galaxy convoy's right "armpit" joint (the one that rotates up and down, not outwards shoulder joint) has already weakend/loosened by a bit. the damage is not drastic; the right arm can go up and stay up, but it's not as tight as the left arm anymore, and damn i only got this for less than a week

therefore, i am taking the bot down to prevent further damage; no more crazy stunts especially on a limited editon figure like this. thankfully the knee and hip joints are still fine (or appears to be), which is likely a bigger problem otherwise due to all the weight galaxy convoy is carrying

and please pardon my lack of capitals

Guess Prime isn't as powerful as he'd like you to believe

well i'd just assume i got a hasbro QC version of the EX-02 giftset, but then sooner or later the joints will go loose the more i play with it in the future anyways

and look at it this way, in the worst case scenario i can go buy the regular galaxy convoy/cybertron prime or even that bootleg one remy showed and replace the joint parts.....yes a somewhat hefty repairing cost but not impossible (although i wont be doing that anytime soon since the joint still works fine, unless the chinese bootleg is disgustingly dirt cheap)

but the scratches on the super god sword handle....ouch.....which leads me to another question but i will make a new thread instead

my photobucket has a couple more pics including an equilibrium shot (not too obvious however) and a shot with coby's rumble sitting on top

That freaky Scorponok! He could just grab her around the waist. Oh no!