100_8998.jpg

100_8999.jpg

100_9000.jpg

100_9001.jpg

100_9002.jpg

]

DSCF3895.jpg

DSCF3894.jpg

sorry.. they're both pretty poor photos.

oh, and prime is holding the hftd matrix in his hand*

DSCF3892.jpg

Is this a custom Prime? At first I thought it was Buster until I noticed the DoTM chest, but he looks so nice and shiny. Either way, good picture and awesome pose.

It's the Dual Model kit of Optimus Prime. It's imported from Japan. Timothy.R must have sold a kidney or two to get that and the Masterpice Starscream. I'm envious.

Timothy.R- Prime is a must-have, but is the Masterpiece Starscream worth the price if I already have the U.S. Leader Class? Thanks in advance....

dotmds.jpg

I picked mine up from my local Big W about 2 weeks ago. Spotted him at Myer and Toys R Us for AU$170 -- what a rip. Glad I waited until it came out at Big W for AU$148... still pricey, but better than paying Myer's or TRU's price. (>_>) I know some people who still think $148 is too rich and are waiting to see if it'll come down any further - but my local Big W sold out of Jetwing Primes about a fortnight after the toys came out, and I haven't seen them restock yet.

Here's some more piccies:

bday2011_jul2_g.jpg

bday2011_jul2_h.jpg

bday2011_jul2_f.jpg

And here's a comparison between Jetwing Optimus Prime (L) and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime:

comparison_movie_rotf_dotm_leaderprime.jpg

I've also translated his tech specs card...

jetwingprime_techspecs.jpg

So is it an ROTF Leader prime with remolded perts and a huge ass set of weaponry? What parts have they remolded in total?

It's a retool of Buster Optimus Prime, so the fuel tanks can also detach and form the gun. However unlike Buster Prime, the chromes have been replaced with Hasblo Grey. :(

Otherwise new retool & features are:

+ The red parts under the chest-windows have been reduced, which makes it more accurate to the DotM Optimus Prime CGI model (reference pic)

+ The abs are all new, more closely resembling Optimus Prime's new abs in DotM (reference pic)

+ No spring out blades - which means the arms can fully extend! (which ROTF Leader Prime can't do when his swords are retracted... so annoying)

If anyone's wondering, no, the Jetwing pack cannot clip onto ROTF Leader Optimus Prime, but it should be able to connect to Buster Prime. This is because ROTF Leader Prime's fuel tanks cannot detach - and they have to detach in order for the Jetwing pack to fit on. The fuel tanks can then either be stored in two compartments in the Jetwing, or combine to form the gun. The Jetwing is quite heavy, but toy also comes with two supports which clip onto the back of Optimus Prime's heel which actually supports the toy pretty well. These heel supports are also stored away in the Jetwing's vehicle mode. And yes, the Gatling guns can rotate, but you have to do it manually, there's no push-button gimmick or anything that makes them spin.

Here's a little photo comic that shows how the Jetwing assembles. ;)

photocomic_jetwing_centurion01.jpg

photocomic_jetwing_centurion02.jpg

photocomic_jetwing_centurion03.jpg

photocomic_jetwing_centurion04.jpg

photocomic_jetwing_centurion05.jpg

photocomic_jetwing_centurion06.jpg

-------------

P.S.: I took this toy with me when I watched Dark of the Moon for the second time on July 2nd in the cinema... and I was playing along with the scene when Jetwing Prime appeared, eheheheheh. :D Zooooommm!!

Megatron's Day Out:

Playing on the little swing... whee!

dotm_megatron_play1.jpg

Climbing

dotm_megatron_play2.jpg

Got some competition there...

dotm_megatron_play3.jpg

Ready...

dotm_megatron_play4.jpg

WHEE!!!

dotm_megatron_play5.jpg

More climbing...