The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

yeah..thats my other hobby.....and its crazy cuase its just as expensive as transformers....which makes it really hard...do i get cards?...or do i get a new transformer?...its gonna be even harder come febuary when the new expansion comes out.....lots of new toys coming out....lots of new cards coming out...decisions, decisions...

I stopped playing for lack of people to play with. Once everyone went off and got married/went to college it seemed there was no where to turn for my Magic fix.

I use a Mac so MTGO isnt possible. I do have an MTGO account tho with A LOT of cards (I buy a bunch everytime an expansion comes out, then log onto someone's PC who has the game) to stay current. I dream of the day it'll be available for Mac.

Edit: I used to run Boot Camp but it became so weighed down with viruses I had to remove it. Stupid Wndows.

ah..online magic...i dont play that one..nor have i tried...where i live there is a card shop twenty minutes away and does FNM and all that...so there are plenty of people for me to play with.....and i figured if i spend all this money on actual cards i cant afford them in the online game..that and physically playing ppl versus playing them over the computer holds more appeal to me...i have so many actual cards ive lost track of everything i have....highly looking forward to mirrodin besieged...scars is a great set....just cant seem to pull a lux cannon to save my life...and the shop doesnt have any singles.....:argh

I tell you what. At one time I agreed with you, but MTGO has plenty to merit it as well. As they release old sets online, you get a huge sense of nostalgia when you open a pack and see familiar cards. Im counting the days when the Urza block starts. Also, no more carrying around a bunch of cases or books full of cards. Your entire collection can be accessed anywhere there is internet/PC with MTGO.

Creating decks on MTGO is waaaay easier. At a click you can have any card in your collection ready to be added to a deck. As opposed to the constant digging through piles of cards which Im sure every Magic player is familiar with ie: "Where is my 4th Counterspell damnit!?!?"

And the economy is different. Which is both good and bad. Certain cards are more expensive IRL then they are Online and vice versa.

Finally it's impossible to not find a game. Sure you could attend FNM in real life but you can get on MTGO any day of the week and play at a whim. I love playing either way and find that both have their advantages and disadvantages. Either way Magic is awesome.

ill have to say breaker..you have a valid point....i just prefer actually looking at the person that im playing....for some reason the look on there face when im about to own it gives me a rush....and im obviously not aware of how much the cards cost in the online game are seeing as i dont play it......ill tell you this though...and actual singles in shops and online are getting ridiculously expensive....having to pay 60 bucks for a jace the mindsculptor really pissed me off...

1001918l.jpg

my coneheads are complete!

1001920m.jpg

seekers too!

1001924m.jpg

ghost starscream KO

1001925.jpg

hologram mirage KO

1001927m.jpg

closeup of thundercrackers foot. i think it might be metal

10019310.jpg

rescue autobots! i forgot to put blades in, damnit

1001933e.jpg

this was a friggin pain to put together, but whatevs, my G1 cars. soon jazz tracks and wheeljack will be added!

1001935u.jpg

heres windburn with combaticon limbs. looks good, no?

1001936.jpg

here he is with his armor mode. i would like the minicons more if they were solid grey and black like targetmasters. im tempted, but im not getting those japan exclusives!

1001943c.jpg

heres my movie autobots waiting for kup, arcee, wreck-gar and protector armor to show up (i have another classics hot rod for the armor upgrade. this one is gonna stay hot rod so he can pal around with kup!)

1001944.jpg

heres my movie deceps, waiting for scourge and his sweeps!(yes thats starscreams corpse)