The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Damn these photos came out pretty big.

Wasn't looking into using it as a trailer, but I just threw it on there anyways.

img6146t.jpg

"Where is my BFG brother?"

img6147.jpg

Colors match up pretty well.

img6148.jpg

Not the only one with shoulder missiles.

img6149t.jpg

Thrusters are there.... as well as Painter's Tape which holds the piece

img6151is.jpg

Looks pretty good, Optics. All you need to do is toss some wheels on it, and it'll be ready to work as a trailer. :D

How's it work with Deadpool, though? I haven't been able to figure that out from the pics. :tflaugh

Looks pretty good, Optics. All you need to do is toss some wheels on it, and it'll be ready to work as a trailer. :D

How's it work with Deadpool, though? I haven't been able to figure that out from the pics. :tflaugh

The figure stands sort of in the middle of the gun so there's some in front of him and in back of him.

The gun looks pretty good with Prime. I think I'll do that too.

So I just came from the "Haul" thread to look at these photos and I have to say... Wow.

That gun goes really well with Prime despite it being designed for a completely different toy line. The colors are perfect! One question though, do those shoulder pads actually fit onto Prime or did you use something to attach them?

Wow Optics, that looks great! I'll have to try to find that figure.

As for mounting, I have had success with installing pegs onto parts I want to mount to a given figure, then drill corresponding holes for the pegs in said figure. I did this for the Movie repaint of Cyb Jetfire. I installed a peg on his roof that mated to the hole on the underside of Classics Astrotrain. Works great.

You could cut a little piece off the tail end of some random TF missile, drill a hole in the shoulder pad from the BFG, and glue the peg in place. Then drill a snug hole in Prime's shoulder, and there you go.

I was probably just gonna carve out some tabs on those cannons like the shoulder piece for City Commander how it clips on. They seem to be solid rubber plastic pieces. I'd rather damage the parts I don't care about then the actual figure.