The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Their posability is pretty damn poor. And the sculpts aren't great either... the extensive use of soft plastic leads their sculpts to be not very detailed. Plus, they hate accessories. Between that and their poor articulation, their posability is stupidly limited.

Plus, it's plagued by just terrible choices that kinda make me think they're just not trying like flat out wrong decoes and sculpts.

Definately a matter of taste, here, but I will say a few things. Why are accessories so important? For most of the DC fids I have accessories would be superfluous. Batman could use a batarang, and Wonder WOman might benefit from having her lasso but otherwise . . . What's Superman supposed to have, kryptonite?

And I love the character choices. Sure there have been a few repaints - at least two Batmans, for instance, but overall, the line has been a nice cross-section of the DC universe. We got a Pre-Crisis Supergirl, for crying out loud! I just wish there were a Robin in the line. And Kyle Rayner would be nice. And since they're some of the least expensive figures on the rack, I'm willing to overlook some flaws.

It limits their posability in my opinion. Especially when they've got such limited articulation... but I will give them credit for the character choices... and then take that credit away for screwing them up with terrible design choices.

Give us the question and then make him the wrong colors... without the trenchcoat... that makes sense.

I've passed on the Infinite Heroes for exactly those reasons. They just look cheap, period. Say what you want about the Marvel ones, but they look good on the shelf and can actually BE POSED. Getting them to stay standing is another story... :roll

But given the great job Mattel is doing with the Classics line, it's really weak that the Infinite Heroes are turning out like this.

I personally have no problem w/ either line. I'm finding them both to be an interesting distraction until TF Universe comes back.

Leader Prime ROTF may be the most exciting figure in ROTF Line...

But then I found Ravage. I like the gloss black finish in Ravage that makes it looks menacing. A beast..

ResizeofRavage010.jpg

But I found another side of Ravage.

and Prime has a new pet, so he won't get bored when I leave to work...

Miaawww....

ResizeofRavage008-t.jpg

PGun0.jpg

PGun1.jpg

PGun2.jpg

Nice comparison of the two Leader Primes. I think the 09 version is the better display piece, but the 07 is the better toy. If that makes sense . . . Both cool and worth the money, though.