The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Hey Booker, have you figured out why the purple pieces on his forearms are spring loaded all clicky-clicky like??? I don't get it. I thought maybe there was a way to attach the launchers there but no luck and I can't see them having any purpose eat all in either one of his alt modes.

It took me a while (and a lot of poking around and removing pieces) to figure out but they aren't there to give volume to his arms in robot mode like some people have suggested. (They would care about his arms being slightly flatter about as much as they cared about huge treads on the jet mode.)

Rather, they give volume to his arms in one mode, and lack of it in the other.

In jet mode, his wings have to stay level with the shape of the plane, cause, well, planes do that. But because of the way they designed the them (and that awful gapped area), the tank turrent needs the pieces that the wings are attached to to sort of decompress a bit or the turret won't sit level with the tank.

So in jet mode they are helping the wings to stay level, and in tank mode they compress to let the turret fit properly.

You can tell by removing one of the wing pieces in both modes, as well as observing how the shoulder pieces sit at the front of the jet mode and the back of tank mode.

I'm working on a way to alter the joints where the wings sit. More on that when I figure out the best way for that. (I'm also working on giving Leader Bulkhead a wrecking ball and individually articulated claws, but that's halfway done and I jump around on projects sometimes.)

:tfrofl THAT is SOOO Blitzwing! He would easily say either of those things

I think what really makes the picture is the huge frown on the Headmaster's face. :)

~Matt Booker

Part 2....

RUN TO THE HILLS!

sorry but i just had to do that fix

Kinda late for that, isn't it? o_0

I should point out though that "run for the hills" or "head for the hills" is a commonly accepted and very widespread saying. To the point where in person, tv, or print, I've not really heard someone say "run to the hills."

:tmyk

~Matt Booker

Part 2....

RUN TO THE HILLS!

sorry but i just had to do that fix

Kinda late for that, isn't it? o_0

I should point out though that "run for the hills" or "head for the hills" is a commonly accepted and very widespread saying. To the point where in person, tv, or print, I've not really heard someone say "run to the hills."

:tmyk

~Matt Booker

You are correct sir. Run to the hills doesn't even sound right.