The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

\

Hey the simple answer is normaly the best, but these things look like they're made out of bubblegum, and fall far short of the mecha they're supose to be. The transformations are alright on some, but the lackluster designs and poor joint issues make me wanna smack these engineers upside the head and tell them to be orgasmic on there own time, cause what comes after that, yep, a sandwhich and a nap.

Leave it at that and the next line will probably be a Happy Meal toy in a Leader box.

The joint problems are QC issues, not engineering bugs. And I don't see how they fall short at all. Lockdown is sexy stylized with incredible height and looks like he walked out of the show and into my hands. Cyb. Prime is just pure genius and incredibly show accurate. Black Arachnia, though I will admit that her toy is quite lackluster in the transformation, is still incredibly show accurate.

OK, but how come when a building falls the first poeple to have fingers pointed at them are the engeneers?

Different scale, same principal. Anyone who's ever built anything can tell you, a hair line imperfection at point A will lead to a drastic problem at point Z which will usualy cause the project to have to go back to point A or be modified extentively.

Workers are rarely blamed for an architect's failed dream. Anything designed and built falls subject to this rule.

That said, I had alot more pics to upload but the site wouldn't let me so heres a slide, hope you enjoy

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee211/D...mview=slideshow

I used planks and milkcrates to keep that old school "set up with what ever you can" feel. Nostalgia at it's finest. I will say this though. The set up wasn't as easy as it looks. It took a coulpe weeks to get the placement right, with alot of trial and error in the balancing. Trypticon and Metroplex shared the same large plank for a while till I decided it would be safer to discard that piece and set each base up on it's own tower.

It's small scale, but it's also done right. If the origional layout tipped and fell, it wouldn't be the materials problem, or the weight of the figures. It would be mine and mine alone for not thinking every aspect through.

The display is solid, it was engeneered properly, which leads to minimal QC issues in the layouts functionality. Although it may look crude, with proper planed backdrops that will be easy to install, this simplistic display will soon look detailed while still being easily modified.

It's a job done right, as every one should be.

Galvatron is one word: :awsum

IM000574.jpg

IM000577.jpg

IM000572.jpg

IM000580.jpg

My photograghy skills today: :fail

but whatev. I'm too lazy to take better ones now.

Well whatever, the pics make me want it! Galvadrone who'll be a toady for my dreamed MP Galvatron, yep, all good to me!!!!!

Galvatron is one word: :awsum

IM000574.jpg

Is that a lego block in his forearm? :tflaugh

He looks great, though.

~Matt Booker

in his tank mode it is missles.

Ramage's tank mode is :awsum

Too bad about the other modes, or I'd look for him.