The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

Robot Replicas Jazz, after modding his arms so they swivel just above the elbows and trimming some material around his joints for greater range:

How'd you mod him to do those poses. I'd love to be able to do so to my Jazz. The second one looks like how Jazz looked after the introduction of the Autobots is finished and they're all looking at Sam expectantly, with Ratchet's hands behind his back, and BB and Ironhide getting as low as possible with Prime just looking down at Sam and Mikaela.

How'd you mod him to do that. I'd love to be able to do so to my Jazz.

EDIT- if you look closely at the crossed arms pic, you can see the split where the swivel is.

Here's a thread that might help w/ the arm mod, I did the same thing to RR Barricade and Megatron:

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=80380

Basically, you just cut the arm off about halfway between the elbow and the shoulder, then drill a hole in each stump, and press in a pin- I used the links from movie Leader Megatron's mace-claw "chain", they're little black pipe segments about 1/2" long, perfect for this application. Jazz was the easiest yet, lots of material to work with. I actually used a soldering iron to just melt the holes, the iron tip happens to be the perfect size.

HTH, it's a fun mod, not hard to do, and gives these figs even better articulation. Keep in mind, tho, this mod is not meant to be actively played with- the arms will fall off if handled to roughly, but they do just pop back on. FWIW, I also trimmed around some of Jazz's (all my RR's actually) joits to free up some more range of motion.

transformers214.jpg

transformers215.jpg

transformers216.jpg

transformers218.jpg

PHOT0012-11.jpg

again, my camera sucks. i'm going to try to retake that pic.

MP Screamer is awesome, but...

I'm probably not going for it.

transformers214.jpg

transformers215.jpg

transformers216.jpg

transformers218.jpg

This is some good stuff. I have got to get one of those.