The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

echophonic: you know that the main Jetfire robot was a repaint of a DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, not a TV series Super Valkyrie (although he sported Super Valkyrie boosters), right?

Care to elaborate? If you're talking about the hands, they're recasts that I bought from someone on the macrossworld boards, but the head is a S-series, which is the correct head for both the StrikeValkyrie and Jetfire. There's no other variation, outside of coloring, in the 1/48's so I have no idea what you're talking about. And I happen to have the original Bandai HiMetal StrikeValkyrie right here, and that's the one they repainted....

gokimus.jpg

vs.

gokimus-jetfire.jpg

gokimus-box.jpg

I see no difference. What are you seeing? EDIT: I see the nose cone is different, but that's it.

And yes, I know Jetfire didn't come with the lazer booster, but this also has both regular booster ends.

Are you saying this one is any different than the Jetfire mold?

I still don't see how this pertains to the 1/48 though.

Yeah, that's pretty much it - Jetfire is the Bandai DYRL Strike Valkyrie (with the square face) with the Super Valkyrie missile pod (instead of the Strike Valkyrie pod with the dual cannons) - it was a repaint of a prototype Strike Valkyrie which Bandai sold to HasTak but later Kawamori modified the design to include the dual cannons. I pointed it out because the VF-1S you repainted in that photo next to MP Starscream is clearly a pure Super Valkyrie with the round Super Valkyrie face which is inaccurate for Jetfire, who's meant to have the square Strike Valkyrie face.

And yeah, the nose cone was rounded too - but that happened with a lot of Transformers including the Decepticon jets (their Diaclone versions have far pointier nosecones and they were solid plastic, not rubber).

Yeah, that's pretty much it - Jetfire is the Bandai DYRL Strike Valkyrie (with the square face) with the Super Valkyrie missile pod (instead of the Strike Valkyrie pod with the dual cannons) - it was a repaint of a prototype Strike Valkyrie which Bandai sold to HasTak but later Kawamori modified the design to include the dual cannons. I pointed it out because the VF-1S you repainted in that photo next to MP Starscream is clearly a pure Super Valkyrie with the round Super Valkyrie face which is inaccurate for Jetfire, who's meant to have the square Strike Valkyrie face.

And yeah, the nose cone was rounded too - but that happened with a lot of Transformers including the Decepticon jets (their Diaclone versions have far pointier nosecones and they were solid plastic, not rubber).

Are you familiar with the 1/48 Yamatos? There's no such thing as a square face 1/48 VF-1x... and I wouldn't see why they would make one anyway-- they're updates to the original design. That would be like saying "I noticed you're MP01 Convoy doesn't have the removable hands like the original G1 toy has, so it's inaccurate." The 1/48's are about as Masterpiece Valkyrie as you're going to get, so I think pointing out that it has a rounded face is kind of a ridiculous point. And calling out the Hi-Metal 1/55 as a DYRL toy is just wrong-- that's the original toy that started it all, along with the TV show. DYRL came out after the series.

I think you missed the point of me just repainting a 1/48.

Apparently, the different nosecone is not due to Hasbro's safety modifications. It was taken from the Elintseeker version of the Valkyrie toy.

Not really good w/ the digital. Tried perspective due to Bonecrusher's small size compared to Leader Prime. Love Prime; the rear wheels can actually act like a built in figure stand! Also tried lightening the colors a bit.

One iconic scene from the movie:

post-2846-1180993823_thumb.jpg

I just noticed that Primes shoulders, on top, in the movie render, those canisters are the engine filters on the side of the hood? Well, when I looked at my pic, Hasbro actually molded these (their faux though as the actual toys end up on his back) into the tops of his shoulders too! Love these figs, so much to discover everytime you look at them.

Happy TForming.

KT

Not really good w/ the digital. Tried perspective due to Bonecrusher's small size compared to Leader Prime. Love Prime; the rear wheels can actually act like a built in figure stand! Also tried lightening the colors a bit.

One iconic scene from the movie:

That's awesome. :thumb

Ok, I tried to embed this but I can't figure it out. The embed html code from the youtube site won't work for me, so if anyone can help out with instructions for embedding on this site let me know.

Now to what I came here for, I tried my hand at a stop motion video for the first time. This being my first video it's a little choppy and pretty much just a learning experience. The video is of movie Jazz transforming from alt to bot. The way some of the joints kinda "pop" into place made it difficult for a smooth video. Anyways, let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8OtM19vAk

if you speed up the frame rate it'll look alot smoother and fluid but it's a good start