The Action Pose Thread

THE STIG

:tflaugh to SSTG's shenanigans. I guess Prime just had to scratch that Itchy trigger finger.

and Goki, that rules, even if PM Prime will probably die due to limited articulation :P

Mirrors- Your photoshop skills are enviable. Actually, I'm a graphic design student, so I kind of need them. Do you mind if I use a brain siphoning device to forceably extract them? I'm sure your brain won't mind much.

On a similar note, in an earlier thread I posted this:

293535069_523d7590ca.jpg

Since that's no longer original, here are some other random pics I took of my friends Soul of Chogokin figures while I was in Japan (by the way, these figures are INCREDIBLE-ly expensive).

293535071_a4a3d5b15c.jpg

Zambot-3 (gigantic robot designed by the guy who also made the original Gundam, Tomino Yoshiyuki, alias "Kill 'em all Tomino")

293535072_5a793df6de_o.jpg

Combattler V, made of five flying robots which resemble five flying parts of a giant robot. He also has a powerful electric buzzsaw yoyo attack, the activation of which requires a stout screaming of "CHOUDENJI YO-YOOOOOO!"

293535074_bf880ae01b_o.jpg

Most people should recognize this guy. If you haven't, suffice it to say that he caused just about everyone who watches Japanese Animation to scratch their head or get severely irritated at least once.

But Combattler V is supposed to separate into five vehicles, not robots... although the vehicles would resemble components of the Combattler V robot.

Here's a photo of me singing the Combattler V theme song at Karaoke!

karaoke_animania06_08.jpg

Zambot 3 FTW!! :clap

But Combattler V is supposed to separate into five vehicles, not robots... although the vehicles would resemble components of the Combattler V robot.

karaoke_animania06_08.jpg

Zambot 3 FTW!! :clap

unless my eyes are going bad (or anime companies finaly started to karaoke the themes) thats a fan-sub, and it looks DAMN good for such an old series. what group subbed it? has to have been subbed recently...

I have Combattler V in black and I've always wanted the red and blue one. Just great! I love Zambot though. Want that guy in my collection badly. sigh... Like all the rest of that Soul of Chogokin series.

Buddykiller: Err... that's not a fansub (why would fansubbers sub anime in Japanese text??) -- that's the actual proper Karaoke clip for the song. That photo was taken in a Karaoke box "restaurant" (they're legally classified as restaurants). Fansubbers do do karaoke clips, but they always have Romanised Japanese so that people who can't read Japanese script can still sing along. Some fansubbers will include both Romanised and proper Japanese script, but I don't see too many that do Japanese script only. (-_-)

Buddykiller: Err... that's not a fansub (why would fansubbers sub anime in Japanese text??) -- that's the actual proper Karaoke clip for the song. That photo was taken in a Karaoke box "restaurant" (they're legally classified as restaurants). Fansubbers do do karaoke clips, but they always have Romanised Japanese so that people who can't read Japanese script can still sing along. Some fansubbers will include both Romanised and proper Japanese script, but I don't see too many that do Japanese script only. (-_-)

well if you can speak japanese i guess theres really no need for fansubbing. i was just wondering because it looked EXCEPTIONALY well. i thought there where words on top of the script and well it'd be hard to see the translation at the top of the screen with the screen being that bright and the camera being that far away. it's actually really common for your higher quality fansubbing groups to actually do all 3. i noticed the other day how nice it really is when i was watching flame of recca (which i just found out was on dvd). i found myself missing it quite a bit.

this reminds me, i need to catch up with Sorezore no Tsubasa

Yes, vehicles, sorry. One of them is a thinly disguised flying pair of legs.

Funny you should say. I spent some time in Japan this summer, and my friend's mom took me to a karaoke place (it was pretty awkward), where I surprised her big time by karaoke-ing that very same song, and there was no romanji either. I have it on a CD, and since I had listened to it and (loudly) sang along enough times I basically know all the words (even though I don't really know what I'm saying). I was able to do this with a couple other songs too (especially the Getter Robo opening).

And here's my proof.

294239680_ee86cf42d1_o.jpg