G1 Season 3 The Best Episodes of S3

Satan's Camaro

I haven't seen the whole season in years and the episodess I remember are those I have seen in G2 or I have rented or bought (can't wait to get enough $$ to buy the DVDs!)

These are the episodes I remember and the reason I like them:

• The Five Faces of Darkness - Animation wise is horrible but story-wise is a good saga! Haven't seen it in years (more than 10! :eek ) but still I remember many events. I really liked it.
  • Fight or Flee - Animation wise was fairly good. I like the fact that there were other worlds inhabited by Transformers. This makes easy bring forth new characters without having them to be created by either The Matrix or Vector Sigma. :thumb
  • Ghost in the Machine - I love this one! Lots of action and intrigue. It could have been better but its OK. I get all thrilled-up bu just thinking about it!
  • Ultimate Weapon - Great Gestalt episode and good animation! And the best part: Metroplex v/s Trypticon!
  • Only Human - I like the Cobra/G.I. Joe reference and to se TFs as what they were originally created to be: manned machines a la Robotech. We need a show like this!
  • Call of the Primitives - Simply the best! :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb I only object the ending! :tdown

BTW the TFs in "Fight or Flee" came from Cybertron (they "fled" :P). I hated that episode because I had Sandstorm and the show made him out to be some annoying douche. Plus I think they were all a bit too cavalier about blowing up their friggin' planet at the end. Rodimus Prime reminded me of Saddam Hussein (as in, the South Park version) at the end of the episode: "Hey, don't worry about it buddy!"

I also enjoyed Dweller in the Depths because it was one of the few episodes that actually involved something interesting happening on Cybertron (most of the time they seemed to be just sitting around listening to Kup ramble on about some dumbass story). Good animation too (again, relatively speaking).

Oh I also liked the end of Webworld where Galvatron PWNS the planet. I was in love with Galvy at the time and thought his alt mode kicked ass -- great little transformation sequence when he blows up the glowing thingy in the planet's core. That episode is funny to watch as an adult -- clearly the writer was not a big fan of psychotherapy. :tflaugh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's always a classic everybody likes but you...

I almost fell asleep watching The killing jar, the idea was good but for ten minutes the Quints play with Magnus, Marissa, Wreck-gar and Cyclonus and then for the ten next minutes the episode goes "oh no we're lost in this black hole how we gonna get out of it..."

I like Starscream's Ghost, Ghost in the Machine, and Dark Awakening.

Oh I also liked the end of Webworld where Galvatron PWNS the planet. I was in love with Galvy at the time and thought his alt mode kicked ass -- great little transformation sequence when he blows up the glowing thingy in the planet's core. That episode is funny to watch as an adult -- clearly the writer was not a big fan of psychotherapy. :tflaugh

I guess when in doubt...blow up the freakin' planet!

Galvatron PWNS the planet!!! :clap :tflaugh

Heck yeah.

Dark Awakening was cool. It had horrible animation though. Akom's Transformers animation gives me a migraine.

Galvatron did blow up a bunch of stuff in FFOD and he let one of the Sweeps die also. Cool.

I also agree abouit the Call of the Primitives looking manga-ish. I was wondering if anyone else thought it wasn't that great. Everything seemed tall/elongated and/or skinny.

Archived