SDCC 2015 - Scrapper: SDCC Exclusive Combiner Wars Devastator - Part 1!

ExVee

As promised during The Unboxening, ExVee is taking a look at each of the Constructicons individually, starting with Scrapper! How does the famed Elbowless One otherwise hold up? And can the chrome chest even be tolerated by the eyes of man? More videos will be coming very soon for the rest of the team, so keep watching for ongoing updates! Meanwhile, click here to watch the review of Scrapper. Read the Full News Story Here

01__scaled_600.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • I'd like to put something into perspective about this set which is further strengthened by the recent leaks. First: This is TARGET's fault this happened, not Hasbro's. Why? Because they're the ones who cancelled the single release to begin with. Just like Walmart cancelled  "pink" Hot Rod in the Velocitron line.  Second: If Hasbro didn't do some sort of multipack for this, Hound wouldn't have been able to come out at all until possibly late 2025. How do I know this? The recent leaks that show that Crasher, Cosmos, Galaxy Shuttle and possibly Shadowstrip and the aforementioned Hot Rod (and hopefully Sideswipe, Mirage, Jazz and Dead End from Toxitron as well) as all being reissued sometime in 2025. It would've taken another year and a half to two years for Hasbro to try and course correct since that's about how far they plan in advance. If Hasbro not done this five pack then the earliest we would've been able to get Hound was 2025. I don't think the crybabies would've been able to wait that long. There's already people crying about having to wait that long for SS Hatchet as it is. That's the quickest they could've course corrected for the main lines. That is however what Generations Selects is for but I would imagine it couldn't have happened any earlier than this due to the licensing issues or whatever's going on that prevents Hasbro from using and/or reissuing new toolings and decos from store exclusives sooner. So there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on with this set. Or rather, Hound in particular. However and as others have pointed out over the internet, this didn't need to be a five pack. In all honesty, five packs are a bit much. Even four packs like the Buzzworthy ones were a bit much. Three packs should be where most multipacks should top out at provided there's no actually reason for four or five to be in a set like if they're a team or combiner or something. This should've been two-three packs by adding in Sideswipe as he also has translucent plastic. Then go from there with more. Bumblebee, Prowl, Bluestreak, Red Alert, Smokescreen, Hoist and so on can join these five, Sideswipe and Buzzworthy Cliffjumper in the blue painted window crew.  I'm not saying we should suck the dick of the great and powerful Hasbro for this or anything as it could've and should've been done better, I'm just saying that it's a lose/lose situation for them and that the vast majority of the hate should be directed at Target...and ultimately the fans for not having bought the previous Buzzworthy sets. However whoever designed some of them should get a lot of the blame too as some of them where badly timed, even if I do own all of them and wanted to own them. Terrorsaur did need to be reissued, Dinobot not so much even in toy colors for both. Tow-Line was a horrible mold reuse and the poor sales showed it. Origins Jazz was great. Bumblebee, maybe not quite as much. The four packs were great as well. But then that was counterbalanced by the horrible Cyberverse 1:1 reissues that had their Cyberverse counterparts also clogging shelves at the same time but hey, at least there's different packaging. It's just that there were big hits and big misses and barely anything in the middle. Had Hound and Hatchet gone through as planned, I would expect them to have sold poorly honestly. The only reason why people seem to be clamoring for them now is that they're two years late at this point and one is still another two years away. Were there people excited for them? Sure. However there seemed to be more who couldn't care less. And I'm sure that would've been reflected in the sales. So Target was right for cancelling them even if their shitty stocking and listing practices caused most of the wild sales discrepancies of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line as a whole. But yeah, I see a lot of GoBots here lol.  
    • Back in the day, Takara's World's Smallest Transformers surprised everyone with their 2-inch Gashapon (capsule toys) sized figures that could actually transform from robot to vehicle. They even managed to make a transforming trailer and repair bay / command center, with tiny Roller for the Autobot Leader, when he needed to recharge. - Read the Full News Story
    • It is that time of year again for Walmart Collector Con 2024 Spring! This year's exclusives event will being going on March 14 & 15, 2023 with various reveals coming on both days. There will be a Sneak Peek starting on March 7th, that may give us some clues. If the leaked listings are any predictor, we could be seeing the Star Seekers capsule series with a cast of pirate characters including Cannonball, Ferel, Filch, Lockdown, Roadpig, and Thundertron figures, see possible listings below. - Read the Full News Story
    • The Missing Link line attempts to answer the question, "What would Generation One toys look and feel like with modern articulation?" With Convoy/Optimus Prime, the answer is fantastic. C-01 and C-02 feel like the original toy, with diecast metal, and rubber tires, it's nearly impossible to see any differences from the original toy. It's the transformation and robot mode that reveals all the new work, articulated hands and wrists, hips and feet. while I find the waist articulation limited and the ab crunch rather useless, it's impressive that they were included. The 40th anniversary of the Transformers brand is off to an excellent start.  

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE