SkywarpsGhost

I just saw this pack today at my local Wal-Mart here in Montoursville, Pennsylvania -- but also got a MAJOR run-around when I tried to buy it.

Apparently it wasn't in their systems, so I asked an associate for help. They didn't know how much it was supposed to be, so they go get the Assistant Manager. After some "attitude" when I told him that they sell for $39 seperately, but have heard that Hasbro might be doing a "Buy One, Get One Free" with them (like the $20 figures Ironhide and Jetfire and didfferent Star Wars promos) he actually took it upon himself to SEPERATE the boxes with a knife and scan each toy in individually!!

And yes, they scanned in at $39.93 each -- just like I told him they would. Rather than making a few phonecalls, he proceeded to WHEEL AND DEAL with me! He first told me he could *probably* sell them for $70. I protested, said that wasn't even remotely a "Mega Deal" as the box claimed. He then lowered his asking price to $65 -- still now where near what Hasbro probably wanted, and I just ditched the cart with the figs in the Care Bears isle.

Ridiculous. They were bundled together BY THE MANUFACTURER for a reason -- not so some manager could seperate them and name his asking price!

So does anybody know what these toys ACTUALLY cost? Did I pass up a good deal, or would I have gotten hosed, as I had expected??

I saw some of my local Walmart too yesterday.

But they where Jetfires and Ironhides in a 2-pack. Some where Scorpinok and Bulkhead (old package) too.

I just saw this pack today at my local Wal-Mart here in Montoursville, Pennsylvania -- but also got a MAJOR run-around when I tried to buy it.

Apparently it wasn't in their systems, so I asked an associate for help. They didn't know how much it was supposed to be, so they go get the Assistant Manager. After some "attitude" when I told him that they sell for $39 seperately, but have heard that Hasbro might be doing a "Buy One, Get One Free" with them (like the $20 figures Ironhide and Jetfire and didfferent Star Wars promos) he actually took it upon himself to SEPERATE the boxes with a knife and scan each toy in individually!!

And yes, they scanned in at $39.93 each -- just like I told him they would. Rather than making a few phonecalls, he proceeded to WHEEL AND DEAL with me! He first told me he could *probably* sell them for $70. I protested, said that wasn't even remotely a "Mega Deal" as the box claimed. He then lowered his asking price to $65 -- still now where near what Hasbro probably wanted, and I just ditched the cart with the figs in the Care Bears isle.

Ridiculous. They were bundled together BY THE MANUFACTURER for a reason -- not so some manager could seperate them and name his asking price!

So does anybody know what these toys ACTUALLY cost? Did I pass up a good deal, or would I have gotten hosed, as I had expected??

Dragonclaw of 2005 has them for $50 at TRU, Walmart would more likely have it around $40.

But that manager sure was an ass, you should report him for damaging product.

Archived