New Robot Master Character!

Guest Primal-Convoy

Guest Primal-Convoy

Um, some points to your arguments gentlemen/ladies:

1/ TFs have ALWAYS included repaints/remolds. In G1, as part of the 1984 original release, there are, worldwide, TWO remolds (Ratchet and Prowl), SIX repaints (Megaplex, Optimus Prime with different coloured windows, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Frenzy and Lazerbeak). 1995 saw many others too.

2/ Universe and Robotmasters is indeed mainly "recolours" or "remolds" but also there are "new" toys released too. In RM, Starscream, Prime, Primal, Megatron, etc are ALL new toys, based on older designs. In Universe, Nemesis Prime is technically a new toy as it was never officially released in the US/West.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Repaint of what was (or was going to be) G2 Soundwave, not too bad actually

They were actually going to make soundwave into a motorcycle? Not shocked but that's some cool info.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Pro...vProtoMOC1.html

apparantly he didnt make it into production as soundwave though ;)

why has this been moved to toy discussion? Its news to us Transfans that he might be an Armada fig isnt it?

yeah it was a bit odd, particularly seeing as how it was frontpaged on TFormers.com. My Shocks and Wheeljack gallerys/reviews got ping ponged all over the place ;)

why has this been moved to toy discussion? Its news to us Transfans that he might be an Armada fig isnt it?

Okay now I'm confused. AFAIK this toy is a redeco of the G2 and RID laser cycle. Just to make sure I have it all clear, I've already mentioned the mold/figure's source, but it's the character(or the use of the character's name) that's from Armada/Micron Legend, right?

And IMHO, I really don't like the deco on this one, but if I can't get me the G2 or RID version of this I may be compelled to get one just to try it out on my 2k4 Microman figs(Batman etc). (If Takara made a Microman Joker though, that would then look perfect riding Doubleface).

I'd like to see Thundercracker and Skywarp get put into this line.

As for Beast Wars molds I'd like Snapper, Rattrap, and Megatron-Croc redone for this line as new characters. Well maybe not redo Rattrap, but put him in it.

Well, not just re-released... I would hope that Rattrap would get the deluxe treatment so he wasn't just another flipformer and that they would do something so he could actually stand. ^_^

Archived