Alternator Grimlock and Swindle ON SHELVES NOW!

Rodimus Minor

I've spotted Alternators Grimlock (Ford Mustang) and Swindle (Hound repaint) on the shelves in two Atlanta area/North Georgia Wal-Mart locations.

I'm mildly amazed since these weren't due for release until January by my understanding... but then again, weird things sometimes happen with toy shipping in the North Georgia toy market around Christmas; I've seen toys on the shelf that weren't due out for four months that randomly pop up on Wal-Mart shelves on Christmas Eve.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm mildly amazed since these weren't due for release until January by my understanding... but then again, weird things sometimes happen with toy shipping in the North Georgia toy market around Christmas; I've seen toys on the shelf that weren't due out for four months that randomly pop up on Wal-Mart shelves on Christmas Eve.

Many Wal-Mart stores jumped the gun on releasing Grimlock, Swindle, and Windcharger. Its more due to the whims of the department manager on what gets put out on the floor. Example, at the main Wal-Mart in Rogers, AR, they devoted an ENTIRE row to the new TMNT, where other stores gave them maybe a 4x4 (4 rows of pegs by 4 columns) , whereas the TF display got a jammed up 1/8th of an aisle and scattered inventory across the toy department.

Archived