Fave BW / BM toys and WHY

CiaraAnne

I have more than three favorite BW toys. Some of them are Tigerhawk, TM Blackarachnia, all Megatrons except the crock, Optimal Optimus, first Cheetor, Depth Charge, Cybershark (both), Magnaboss and Polar Claw, among others.

As for BM toys, I only liked a few, mustly Vehicons. Top favorites are Jetstorm (deluxe and Ultra), Spy Streak, Mirage, Hammerstrike, Tankor, Tank Drone, Striker and Triceradon, so far.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... just three? Wel, I'll give it a try.

1. Ultra Optimus Primal. He's just great. His gorilla mode is fairly accurate. His bot mode is just fricking beautiful. He has plenty of gimmicks that don't interfere much [or at all] with his transformation or poseability. Plus... Primal is a great character.

2. TM Tarantulas. I love his spider mode... he stands great on his legs, and looks pretty great. An awesome techological approximation of a tarantula. And his bot mode... WOW! He just looks creepy and demented.

3. TM2 Dinobot II. A great raptor mode... love the "skull" appearance of his head, and his all-around armoured skeletal appearance. And his bot mode... his arms are a little wierd, but he has an Edward Scissorhands feel to him that's somehow appropriate. Only problem is i have the cream coloured version... if I had the white one, I'd be even happier. :thumb

Honorable mentions go to: TM Tigatron, BW II Galvatron, Lio Convoy, TM Rampage.... a whole bunch more.

Damn...this is such a tough call. I'd say my favorites of the two series (for now) would be:

Beast Wars:

1). Prowl (TM2) - The white color scheme, not the darker one. There's so much detail going on in this figure!

2). B'boom (or Apache as he was called in BWII) - Really fun toy. I like his overall look, especially the little rocket pods in his shoulders.

3). Optimal Optimus - I was fortunate enough to buy this guy MISB on clearance at Wallycron for FIFTEEN BUCKS!!!

Beast Machines:

1). Night Viper - I really like the transformation scheme, and the overall look.

2). Rattrap - It's Rattrap fer cryin out loud!

3). Tankor - While not show accurate, Tankor is still a cool toy.

Beastmachines wasn't really my favorite line, but toys that I really liked were:

- Primal Prime. I already really like the Optimal Optimus mold and in these colors I was sold.

-Air Attack Optimus Primal (should have been released in BM). Great detailing, high poseability. I consider this to be a masterpiece -- I like him even better in several ways than MP Prime.

There really is no third. I have a few BM figures, but none is really that liked by me. (Tankor is the greatest chance of putting up a third.)

Beastwars had many great figures. Three of my favorites:

- Optimus Primal (black Gorilla). I saw him and immediately decided to get 'm A very cool and powerful looking robot with great poseability.

- Tigerhawk/Razorclaw. Very goodlooking mold. Didn't really care for the white colored Tigerhawk and eventually went for the darker Razorclaw.

- B'Boom. Although he has some trouble standing straight, it is a very goodlooking figure.

Other favorites: TM1 Megatron, TM2 Megatron, Tm1 Optimus Primal, Optimal Optimus, TM1 Rattrap, TM1 Cheetor, TM1 Tarantulas, Depth Charge.

Yup. A tough call. So I'm gonna go with the first figures that come to mind, with a top 3 for both 'Wars and 'Machines.

Beast Wars:

Jawbreaker, Ironhide, Scavenger. Jawbreaker for his absolutely scary alt-mode (c'mon...who'd wanna eff with him??) Ironhide for his brutish look in robot mode. Scavenger had lots of potential for character development, and I worked on that a lot. So he's in my top three.

Beast Machines:

Skydive, AAOP, Quickstrike. Skydive - had a transform that was more than an animal standing up, and had a mythical look to him too. I liked his head. AAOP - Nuff Said. Quickstrike - quite posable for a basic. I just like him dammit!! :)

OPTIMAL OPTIMUS aka PRIMAL PRIME because of all the versiltility. When I saw him transform on the show though (shameless ploy by the way to sell the toy by the way but it worked :thumb ) I was seriously blown away to the poing that I just had to have one. A seriously well built robot. I'd love to see another PRIME made with four modes that works as well as this one did.

TM RHINOX because I have always loved this character and when I got this I was amazed at the extreme detail that was put into him as well as how playable he was and ...solid. Instant love.

TM2 MEGATRON the Dragon. This was the best form for a villan that I thought was so menacing and mythical. His transformation was totally great and if Hasbro were able to hide the head more completely he would be the best out of all. (My MEGATRON's hip joint broke and I'm stilol looking for another one. Have gotten CRYOTEK but to me the red version was always the best. Has so much energy for a toy. :tftongue

Archived