Hasbro, it's not feeling like the 30th Anniversary...?

formerly nortagem

So, I took my son to TRU this evening (his $5 was burning a hole in his pocket for a pack of Pokemon cards!), and while there I had to peruse by the Transformers aisle. Pathetic. Here we are in the 30TH ANNIVERSARY of Transformers, and what's on the shelf? A big hunkin' piece of plastic Starscream in a giant box for $99! Kre-O garbage hanging above it and a few left over TF:Prime figs. Now, I can't just blame TRU...I'm seeing the same pattern at Wally World and Target. So, WTH, Hasbro? It's just about Bayverse now? I know there's more scheduled, but honestly, there's little coming down the pike that I've been impressed with. No wonder I find myself more intrigued with third party offerings these days...and no wonder why they're coming out of the woodworks. Yet, most of the time, I'm unable to afford them (I get it, costs more for smaller guys to produce...but still). It's just all really frustrating to see Transformers' 30TH ANNIVERSARY here and not much to celebrate in the realm of Hasbro's offerings. Thoughts? :shrug

I like some of the previews of things I've seen... but these are things that rarely will show up in a TRU. I don't even go to the other stores as much.

I've seen a few...but seems to me, if it's such a BIG anniversary, most of what's being produced should be HIGHLY desirable. Seems like a very unfocused release of figures. Likewise, seems like the enthusiasm's not there from retailers either (and to a degree, buyers).

You know, 30 years later...it might be time to fire up the die casts again and return to some old school ideas. :shrug

LOL! I was just about to post that I am really tired of looking at Bumblebee when I saw your post. My local Targets are the same. Its always gutted. I am kind of dumfounded by this and the fact that people cannot find what really want. Even on HasbroToyShop, it seems to be a kind of little game where Hasbro never offers enough or what people really want. If it sells out, why not make some more? It is really hard to understand.

:fail

But we'll be trolling TRU soon enough weather we like it or not... http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=146727&view=getlastpost

LOL! I was just about to post that I am really tired of looking at Bumblebee when I saw your post. My local Targets are the same. Its always gutted. I am kind of dumfounded by this and the fact that people cannot find what really want. Even on HasbroToyShop, it seems to be a kind of little game where Hasbro never offers enough or what people really want. If it sells out, why not make some more? It is really hard to understand.

:fail

But we'll be trolling TRU soon enough weather we like it or not... http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=146727&view=getlastpost

Eh, that will unfortunately be filed under my 'not what people really want' category. :shrug

Now with the new F-22 Ultra Magnus coming out overseas (and hope of Hasbro snagging it here), as well as a Rodimus figure already released, you'd think there'd be plans for some MP love on the Cons side (Galvy, Cyclonus and Scourge). Maybe their waiting on the 30 anniversary of the Movie? At any rate, I'm still not seeing, or feeling, what I want for what should be a fairly substantial celebration. We have to resort to the pricier third party route to get that...and my household budget just can't keep up!