Is anyone else disappointed with Regeneration One...

WraithVerge

Note: spolier if you have not read # 100

Just found out how it ends, and frankly, I'm disappointed. All of that, just to see pretty much every character from Cybertron croak, and Primus pretty much dust.

That pretty much ruined the Marvel series for me. Think I'll leave it at the last official Marvel one, where they all go home.

That said, I know other folks are going to have a different view, and many probably will see it differently from me.

Your thoughts (please keep it at the level of issues and not personalities here; my opinion is just that. ) ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was a mistake to allow 20 years to pass in the comic book's universe just because 20 years passed in the real world. The multi-verse thing wasn't such a good idea either. Maybe the stuff that's meant to connect with the G1 story, for example Beast Wars/Beast Machines and Binaltech, was okay, if it had to be done. Then again, stuff like that was in cartoon and toy form, not comics.

Right? What really gets me is that they essentially killed the entire Marvel G1 universe; while as you said Tripredacus, ignoring G2.

Also: if Primus cannot be killed (much like Unicron), but simply lose his presence in that universe, wouldn't he at least send someone from another universe to investigate why that one universe was now seperated from the multiverse? I don't think Primus would take kindly to an impostor (the Dark Matrix Entity) impersonating him.

Frankly, after all the rich history and ecerything going all the way back to issue 1, I think this was not a good way to end it. But then again, perhaps Furman left a way to revisit this universe at a later point, as "eons pass" leaves a lot of room. I just think a molten planet and all transformers dead is not what Primus' dream consisted of.

And no: I don't like Botanica. if Primus wanted that, why bother with Primordeals or transformers to begin with, Unicron aside? Were plantbots not capable somehow of taking on a monster planet?

I like your points as well, MikePrime, about the time period that passed. I think the passage of time altered what Simon Furman wanted to do with the series, and it may have colored him in certain ways. JMHO.

I really appreciate your input on this guys; I was expecting a different outcome to ReGeneration One.

Anyone else have a take on this?

I've read ReGen One sporadically, but I paid serious atttention to the last issue. I also feel that there was more that could have been done with that universe.

Another thought:

If Rodimus' energey is what creates this new generation of Cybertronians, and Rodiumus just got through fighting a dark entity, does this mean then that he has essentially become primus and this whole series is essentially reset back to the beginning?

Which means... this plays out over and over for all eternity? And if this is true, does that mean that Rodimus is now the conduit for Primus in this continuity?

Wash, lather, rinse, repeat.

Still don't like it. Sounds like an endless loop.