generations jetfire.... my WTF's..

now i hate to rain on everyones parade because dont get me wrong, i want this figure. but looking at the pics have made me go "wtf" a couple times...

based on the pics, ive been led to surmise that the bottom of his jet mode shows nothing but robot. he has a transformation cheat where the bot mode cockpit isnt actually the jet mode cockpit. they look completely different. and BOTH are visible in jet mode.

post-5020-0-71442300-1393010689_thumb.png

secondly ive been led to surmise that in bot mode, its the opposite. like you turn him over and theres nothing put plane on his back. which doesnt even seem to condense nicely...

post-5020-0-03732400-1393010833_thumb.png

which all the had to do to save that was have the backpack able to slide down a bit. like so:

post-5020-0-00070100-1393010905_thumb.png

believe me i know that im nit picking... but these are just simple things that are kind of screaming at me whenever i look at him... obviously ill reserve judgement till i actually see him. and even with all these flaws i garantee ill still buy him. but.... what does everyone else think?

I'd rather they took this opportunity to make a show accurate Skyfire toy rather than another Macross inspired Jetfire. I think it's narrow minded of Hasbro to assume that all of us either had or wanted to have G1 Jetfire when we were kids. I, in fact, didn't know about Jetfire until I started collecting Transformers as an adult. He wasn't in the cartoon, so why would I know about him? I did know about Skyfire though and I've wanted a toy of him for a long time.

ill agree with that. a show accurate skyfire would be ideal.

but really (and i hate to say this) due to everyone displaying their figures in bot mode 90% of the time, which jet hes modelled after isnt much of a concern. his bot mode is pretty show accurate and thats enough for me.

but that statement doesnt mean the alt mode is irrelevant. just the things they did to incorporate the G1 toy accurate jet with the show accurate robot does the toy harm when you look at it as a whole (namely the two visible cockpits).

BUT. in the end. he's big. he's new. he's pretty good looking. he's jetfire.

SO i automatically love him.