SkywarpsGhost

Sideswipe doesn't have metallic flake...

Most of the current ones seem to be using flake plastic, or metallic paint. Metallic flake wouldn't work so well on black or white figures though (Dead End/Meister). White would end up looking too silvery, and black, just...ugh (check the black paint aps on RiD Rapid Run, for an example).

I think it's just an update they've made to the line, after judging from feedback and such.

The metallic flake on the Alternators... when they have it it really makes them look like Binal Tech versions... but oddly some just don't have it, making them look a little on the cheap side (at least in car mode, in robot mode most of the die cast ends up on there backs so they look fine in robot mode I think)

Anyway... why do some have it and some don't and to the lucky few of you who own test shots, how are the new guys, Swindle, Grimlock, and Windcharger??

Smokescreen - no flake, blue looks kinda bright

Sideswipe - flake, looks just like Bt version

Hound - flake, looks damn close to Bt version too

Silverstreak - flake, looks dead on to Bt version

Deadend - no flake, looks a bit dull

Meister - no flake, looks cheap as pi$$ compared to Bt version... too white

Tracks - flake, looks close, alittle brighter, then Bt version.

Do you think it was a mistake Jazz and Deadend lack the metallic coating? Down the road, what are the chances of Hasbro adding it on?

Side Swipe does not have metal-flake. He is plain red plastic. (and I just pulled mine out to verify before replying, so I know it's a fact)

Silverstreak is silver paint, which isn't actually "metal-flake". (just compare it closely to Hound's green metal-flake to see the difference).

Dead End is black. Why would he have metal-flake? His stripes?

Meister is white. No point in metal-flake paint there, but he -is- too plain. (hence, my rally-stripe custom detailing)

And Tracks is just teh secksie. :D

my alt meister has multi-shade WHITE... UGH... it's ugly! AND the mirrors are NOT PAINTED!!! the top half of hte mirrors should be body colour and bottom half should be black (plastic)... but on mine, the whole thing is black... talk about LAZY hasbro!!

my alt hound has the metallic paint, but various parts of the hood (the flip up for the head) and some body panels are DIFFERENT SHADES of green... :(

Silverstreak is silver paint, which isn't actually "metal-flake". (just compare it closely to Hound's green metal-flake to see the difference).

I found this out the hard way, by starting a repaint into Prowl. I'm in the process of stripping him down now, and let me just say that after seeing the UGLY gray color plastic used, it's no wonder they had to paint this one. Love the painted Streak, but if they had stuck with the grey plastic underneath, it would have looked HORRIBLE. (No doubt they already knew that, and planned on paint from the start...) The plastic is swirled, almost to the point of looking like a bathroom vanity top. Can't wait to cover it back up with teh Gloss White Krylon Fusion... :tflaugh

Grimlock looks great especially the all silver version i have (silver arms and undertray) hehehe

Bt Meister has definate varying paint quality both on the white and red version, my white test shot Alt meister is the best i have seen.

Swindle is just yellow

Windcharger is just red

Ravage is just black

Archived