Any1 remember those TF BDay parties you could win?

kumtoshi

I seem to fogly remember commercials where you could win a Transformers BDay party and have, instead of lame clowns, etc., actual costumed adults dressed as TFs. Remember Starscream, Thundercracker, Prime and that's it. But remember there were others. The costumes looked pretty good (for a 9 yo that is), but were kinda Power Ranger Zordish if you catch my drift.

Anyone else remember these? I wasn't into odd beverages or refreshments yet... just joking of course (don't even think about it you little shavers), but I do distinctly remember commercials for this back in the G1 heyday.

KT

I seem to remember that I think you could also have jazz and prowl as well but I'm not sure.

But then again I have never met anyone who had one.

I remember it!

It was on the USA network in 1986, to promote TFTM. The USA Kids Club ( I think that's what it was called) had a contest where people had to send in the name of the major villain in TFTM (Unicron, of course), and the winner was randomly selected. I think the winner won TF toys and a party with "the Transformers" as special guests...

I remember those comercials and entered the contest but didn`t win unfortunately. I really wanted all those G1 toys as my collection then was rather small and only included Prime, and a couple of minibots.

I barely remember them myself but I know they were on in `86 even though I was only 5 years old at the time but I got my Optimus Prime for my 5th birthday so it was a good year.

Archived